Forum

Author Topic: Get Coordinate of a marker/ any point in picture  (Read 6819 times)

Dante130

• View Profile
Get Coordinate of a marker/ any point in picture
« on: October 31, 2017, 10:06:10 AM »
Hi,

I am transfering to Agisoft from another software so I am bit lost.

I want to compare two 3D model of the same area but at different period to compare earth movement and other things).

To do so I have some reference targets that will stay at the exact same place between the 2 scans.

What I was doing in the other software:
- Process first model -> Get the coordinate of the targets in this model ( let s say target 1 is at position x1,y1,z1)

- Process second model -> use the target coordinate from model 1 as 3D GCP : (so we have GCP1 with coordinate x1,y1,z1)

That way I can compare my two models accuratly without using expensive GPS receiver.

Question : How to get the coordinate of my targets in the first model ? (I tried selecting point in the point cloud, or to create markers but I still don't see any coordinate).

Thank you for your help !!!!!

NB : CLose to this : http://www.agisoft.com/forum/index.php?topic=1599.msg8314#msg8314

"If you need to measure the coordinates of some point on the surface you need to place marker in that point and then look for Estimated coordinates for this marker in the Ground Control pane, please note that marker should remain unchecked in the pane."

-> I just need more info because the coordinates next to my markers are empty, and I cannot check or uncheck the markers (always uncheck)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 10:17:20 AM by Dante130 »

frank.stremke

• View Profile
Re: Get Coordinate of a marker/ any point in picture
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 10:04:41 PM »
you will have to change the view in the marker / contol panel to estimated
alternative you can create points (as a shape) in the ortho view and then richt click "measure"
frank

SAV

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 03:42:18 AM »
Hi Dante130,

After you have placed your marker, it should appear in the markers section of the reference pane (left side of the screen). In order to see the coordinates for this marker, you'll have to change to 'VIEW ESTIMATED' by clicking the associated icon in the reference pane (2nd from right, looks like a spreadsheet with a blue info circle in the foreground).
Now you should see the estimated coordinates for all your markers. If you want, you can also export these values into a CSV file (second icon from left in the reference pane).

All the best.

Regards,
SAV

Dante130

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2017, 06:03:58 AM »
Ahah so simple ! Just one click^^

Thank you guys for the quick answers !  ;D

SAV

• View Profile