Forum

Author Topic: chunk alingment  (Read 1264 times)

weissspice

• View Profile
chunk alingment
« on: November 02, 2017, 04:50:33 PM »
Hi everyone,

Here's what's going on.  I am modeling the streets of an ancient city (Pompeii). I have some 350 chunks, each of which is the face of a facade, and each has approximately 250 photos.  All of those have been aligned and the dense point clouds have been made. I've then gone through each chunk and manually put in markers of overlap, one corner of one city block to another, and across blocks and have individually aligned and merged them, but because I was adding in more markers, deleted each of the test merges as I went.  So all of my chunks have been registered [R], at some point.  I'm now going back through and trying to build the full model, one chunk to one chunk at a time, but am running into a snag.  As I (re)align all my chunks as I go, more often than not the process UNregisters the alignment of two chunks and then (obviously) won't merge them successfully.  Why is aligning two chunks (that had been successfully aligned) erasing their registration?  Sometimes it works, most of the time it doesn't.

Thanks!