Forum

Author Topic: HOW TO question: Share GeoTIFF/Pointcloud data with Clients  (Read 3015 times)

BobvdMeij

• View Profile
HOW TO question: Share GeoTIFF/Pointcloud data with Clients
« on: November 13, 2017, 01:37:01 PM »
Hello all,

I am curious to find out how everyone copes with sharing/ distributing their GeoTIFF (Orthomosaic/DEM) and Pointcloud data acquired by UAVs with their clients.

Obviously websites such as WeTransfer/WeSendIt are suitable to share the raw endproducts, provided that the data volume does not exceed the data limit. However, in order to view the output data this requires adequate software on the client's side and sufficient knowledge to operate this. Sometimes a client does not possess such software/ knowledge, let alone sufficient computing power, or simply wishes to view a product prior to the delivery.

Consequently we are now looking for a simple online Viewer/GIS solution where we can upload our endproducts to, and which allows a client to have a look thereat without having to download the raw data. Ideally there's also some limited functionalities such as the ability to measure distances/ surface areas, although this is not a must-have. Such a viewer may also be employed to demonstrate the possibilities of UAV products to potential clients without having to carry a substantial amount of locally stored data around.

So, what does everyone use?

JMR

• View Profile
Re: HOW TO question: Share GeoTIFF/Pointcloud data with Clients
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 12:26:02 PM »
https://www.pointbox.xyz/ for point clouds and http://obliquo.cloud/ for imagery (Nadiral and oblique, 3D measurements, cand cad oeverlay
regards

BobvdMeij

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 10:52:42 AM »
https://www.pointbox.xyz/ for point clouds and http://obliquo.cloud/ for imagery (Nadiral and oblique, 3D measurements, cand cad oeverlay
regards

Thanks JMR!

Pointbox looks very promising indeed, especially considering this is still in a beta. Any news on when a payable/ premium version will be released, perhaps?

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 11:06:00 AM »
Hello BobvdMeij,

You can check in the version 1.4 the Upload options, as the list of upload possibilities has been extended for different results (point cloud, DEM, orthomosaic, tiled model). Also we are planning to add direct upload to pointbox.xyz in the next 1.4 update.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

BobvdMeij

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2017, 05:23:57 PM »
Hello BobvdMeij,

You can check in the version 1.4 the Upload options, as the list of upload possibilities has been extended for different results (point cloud, DEM, orthomosaic, tiled model). Also we are planning to add direct upload to pointbox.xyz in the next 1.4 update.

Good to hear! Just checked on 1.4 and I'm glad to find some additional options are available now. Too bad 4D Mapper is the only option that allows all primary endproducts (i.e. Ortho, DEM, Cloud) in a single application.

Also, when trying to upload my Orthomosaic to 4D Mapper I'm receiving the error message 'Invalid Raster Transform Value'. This value is set to None by default in the Upload dialog box. Unfortunately, in contrast to exporting the DEM, the option is greyed out for Orthomosaic uploading. Hence I cannot make the error go away. Any ideas?

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2017, 05:56:26 PM »
Hello BobvdMeij,

Please check if build 5310 fixes the "Invalid Raster Transform Value" issue - there was a bug in the previous pre-release build that caused such kind of problem during orthomosaic export.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC