Forum

Author Topic: How to deal with lakes  (Read 2350 times)

GrinGEO

• View Profile
How to deal with lakes
« on: November 24, 2017, 05:04:15 PM »
Is there any workflow to deal with lakes and wahter surfaces that reflekt? Becouse the dense point cloud generates very wrong informations and I would like to dlete the entire lake part for orthomosaic... is there any simpler way than to use the lasso?

GrinGEO

• View Profile
Re: How to deal with lakes
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2017, 11:57:42 AM »
I have now  created the shape in the Orthomosaic... it's a really pain that there are no option to move existing shapes to align with Orthofoto... Lost another 30 min to reshape the water line again.

Now I have the shape in the Orthomosaic, but I have not retroprojected it in the Dense Cloud to delete out the wrong points... Can you not implement a simpler feature to deal with it? Please

Also I need a way to align the Altitude profile of the shape to the true water level, since there seem to be some retroprojection errors... How can I do this as well? Water altitude is 513,46m

Smallpoly

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 11:47:50 PM »
Usually for this sort of thing I'll bring the model into a 3D program, in my case 3ds max, then add the new geometry and re-export back to Photoscan.

bisenberger

• View Profile
    • Digital Mapping & Graphics
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2017, 12:38:54 AM »
You could also try masking the lake on the photos before processing (it would also reduce the processing time and point count).
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 12:40:58 AM by bisenberger »
Digital Mapping & Graphics LLC
https://digital-mapping.net/

GrinGEO

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2017, 01:33:15 PM »
Masking means in each photo? There was hundreds of images