Forum

Author Topic: Photoscan 1.3.3 & 1.3.4 problems  (Read 7756 times)

orellius

• View Profile
Photoscan 1.3.3 & 1.3.4 problems
« on: December 08, 2017, 07:23:06 AM »
Ok I'm 90% sure these problems did NOT exist in 1.3.2, but only in 1.3.4 and 1.3.3. However, unfortunately, I deleted my 1.3.2 installer and I can't find a replacement that isn't a torrent hack or something that I don't trust, so I can't downgrade and go back and check.

I ran 1.3.2 for a long time because when I installed a newer version I ran into this issue where I process the photos (align) and point cloud in WGS84, then process the ortho/DEM in UTM/3TM (UAV data) and I can't zoom in on or even view the ortho or DEM. I can double click the point cloud, zoom, pivot, fly around, no issues. But the DEM or Ortho if I double click, nothing is there on the display. If I double click the DEM and the screen is blank, also so is the menu bar, it literally disappears. Screenshot attached. I highlighted in the screenshot the totally blank toolbar. I tried re-processing the DEM/ortho in WGS84 and it's still blank. So I don't think it's a UTM/CSRS projection issue. I think it's a version issue.

It's funny because the toolbar completely goes blank, only if I double click a DEM or ortho. At that point the software is unresponsive totally to mouse scrolling (zooming) and clicking on the toolbar, the only thing to bring back software response and the visible toolbar is to double click back on the dense cloud, then I have full zoom/pivot and the tool bar. Other than that the software is unresponsive.

I also investigated the forums and searched, and found some topics that somewhat resembled my issue (though not exactly the problem) and the solution was to update drivers or run the "-- opengl angle" on the exe and that didn't seem to help. Drivers are updated, etc.

I know for a fact that I tested this before. I have 2 hard drives on my laptop, 2 separate installs of Windows 10. One was running v1.3.2, other was upgraded to 1.3.4. If I opened the same project in 1.3.2, no issues. If i opened in 1.3.4 on other hard drive, I could not see or zoom on the ortho or DEM. I had since, and some point, upgraded to 1.3.3, and now I dont have 1.3.2 to test, and still have the same issues. For a few months I was avoiding updating due to the issue I saw. But now we've sold some more UAVs and have customers downloading trial Photoscan software and I'm still having issues. So are they.

I am the pilot and demo person for a large UAV reseller and soon to be Photoscan reseller, hoping for a fix soon. I had zero issues for almost 3 years, now the software is unusable. 

Hardware:
HP Zbook 17 G2
32 GB RAM
512 GB Samsung SSD
i7 CPU
Quadro K5100M GPU
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 07:33:05 AM by orellius »

orellius

• View Profile
Re: Photoscan 1.3.3 & 1.3.4 problems
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 07:23:55 AM »
In the meantime a download link to v1.3.2 might help, I don't seem to have mine now and it worked fine before these versions.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 09:08:24 AM »
Hello orellius,

You can try to download 1.3.2 using the following link:
http://download.agisoft.com/photoscan-pro_1_3_2_x64.msi

But is it possible that you have recently installed some OS or graphic card driver updates?

Also I can suggest to use the following method in 1.3.4 to run PhotoScan:
http://www.agisoft.com/forum/index.php?topic=7556.msg36560#msg36560

Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

dvs

• View Profile
Photoscan 1.3.4 - Strange Menu bar resizing only in Photo Tab.
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2017, 10:36:32 AM »
Photoscan:  Standard  V1.3.4 build 5067   64-bit
GPU: Nvidia GX960M     Driver:  v388.71

Strange Menu bar distortion occurs only in Photo Mode.

I loaded 63 photos (via Workflow) and the menus and drop down items work properly when I resize the GUI window.
I then import a mask via Tools menu, and wait for mask to process all images. The menus  still operate properly.
I then double click an image to check the mask (this selects the Photo Tab).  If I resize the GUI window, the menu bar text is stretched or compressed.  It's as if the menus suddenly become distorted bitmaps.   At that point,  all I can do is try to resize the GUI window to original size and try to click on photo tab X  to close it (the active area for the X is also distorted as the window is resized). 
Once photo tab is closed, the Model tab is the only tab open.   Now the menus and GUI operate properly and are not distorted wen the GUI window is resized.

Is there a fix for this?

« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 11:02:03 AM by dvs »

dvs

• View Profile
Re: Photoscan 1.3.4 problem - Can't see rectangle for mask modification
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2017, 11:01:40 AM »
Photoscan:  Standard  V1.3.4 build 5067   64-bit
GPU: Nvidia GX960M     Driver:  v388.71

Rectangle selection for Mask modification  is  Invisible

I load 63 photos (via Workflow) and the menus and drop down items work properly when I resize the GUI window.
I then import a mask via Tools menu, and wait for mask to process all images.
I then double click an image to check the mask (this selects the Photo Tab). 
I then use Photo-Rectangle Selection to modify the mask backround for a photo.  When I try to draw a rectangle, no rectangle appears on the photo.  If I select a rectangular area anyway and then click Photo- Add Selection nothing changes in the image.  HOWEVER, if I then close the image and then double click on it to reopen it, I can the effect of the Add-Selection being applied to the masked photo.   It's as if the rectangle selection was invisible but worked anyway.
The Intelligent Scissors, Paint, Wand  operations are invisible too so I can't tell if they do anything to the photo.

I would like to see the rectangle as I draw it and see the effect of Add  Selection without having to reload the image.

Is there a fix for this?

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2017, 11:15:27 AM »
Hello dvs,

Please try to run PhotoScan using ANGLE compatibility mode, like described in the following post:
http://www.agisoft.com/forum/index.php?topic=7556.msg36560#msg36560
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

dvs

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2017, 12:25:36 PM »
Alexey , Thanks for the quick response. 

I  did run it that way.     My Photoscan icon in the system tray is defined as:

"C:\Program Files\Agisoft\PhotoScan\  --opengl  angle"

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2017, 04:15:53 PM »
Hello dvs,

The arguments (--opengl angle) should be applied to photoscan.exe:
Code: [Select]
"C:\Program Files\Agisoft\PhotoScan\photoscan.exe"  --opengl  angle
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

dvs

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2017, 10:23:56 PM »
Angle mode  solved both the Selection Rectangle and Menu Distortion problems.

sorry for copy-paste  typo.  My changes to Taskbar icon weren't working even when I typed corrrectly.
To create a corrected Taskbar icon,  I had to create a shortcut, edit its "Target parameters" and then put it on the Taskbar.

How to confirm Photoscan is using OpenGL Angle mode:.   At program start, the Console should show the OpenGL Renderer like this:

2017-12-29 11:08:02 Agisoft PhotoScan Standard Version: 1.3.4 build 5067 (64 bit)
2017-12-29 11:08:02 Platform: Windows
2017-12-29 11:08:02 OpenGL Vendor: Google Inc.
2017-12-29 11:08:02 OpenGL Renderer: ANGLE (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M Direct3D9Ex vs_3_0 ps_3_0)
2017-12-29 11:08:02 OpenGL Version: OpenGL ES 2.0 (ANGLE 2.1.99f075dade7c)
2017-12-29 11:08:02 Maximum Texture Size: 16384
2017-12-29 11:08:02 Quad Buffered Stereo: not enabled
2017-12-29 11:08:02 ARB_vertex_buffer_object: supported
2017-12-29 11:08:02 ARB_texture_non_power_of_two: supported

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2017, 10:46:29 PM »
Hello dvs,

According to the log the application is running in ANGLE mode. So do you experience the same issues with the GUI in this PhotoScan instance? If so, then maybe you should try clean driver install.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

dvs

• View Profile
Re: Photoscan 1.3.3 & 1.3.4 problems fixed by ANGLE mode
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2017, 02:25:29 AM »
No problems now.   ANGLE mode fixed  both problems in my two earlier posts in this thread.

The Menu distortions do not occur anymore and the Rectangle Selection/Intelligent Scissors  etc. are working correctly too.

My mistake was in trying to modify the TaskBar icon that Photoscan created during installation.
Once I correctly created a new TaskBar icon that contained the ANGLE command line parameter, everything worked great.
Thank you.