Forum

Author Topic: Help with the workflow!  (Read 1904 times)

John-Florencio

• View Profile
Help with the workflow!
« on: January 07, 2018, 08:44:11 PM »
What is the workflow from photoscan to zbrush to 3d colour print?

Im doing the following: load the photos into photoscan --> align photos-->build dense cloud--> 3d mesh and build mesh--> export to zbrush--> build uvs -->import to photoscan ( keep uv option check) and then build texture- here is where the problem starts, texture gets randomly aplied into the model.

What am i doing wrong?

John-Florencio

• View Profile
Re: Help with the workflow!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 12:26:14 AM »
I grabbed this set of photos in a thread here in the forum and before jumping to scan people i am trying to nail the process however it seams that im making something wrong. This is what happens when i build the textures.

Btw if you know who are the photos owner let me know, i just searched in google and download it and forgot to see who was the owner of this scan.

n@sk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 02:35:06 AM »
align photos-> {optimise cameras/gradual selection} ->dense cloud

John-Florencio

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2018, 05:30:54 AM »
Thank you for your reply!

I did what you mentioned, however i got the same result. After searching a bit more i got an idea that i migth need the model and the dense cloud be in the exact same position, does make sense what im thinking?

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2018, 01:37:41 PM »
Hello John-Florencio,

You shouldn't change the orientation, scale and position of the model, while working with it in ZBrush.

Try to open the source export and modified model in ZBrush at the same time. If they to not align perfectly, bring the modified model to the source model dimensions.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC