Forum

Author Topic: Does filtering happen in buildDepthMaps() or buildDenseCloud()  (Read 2587 times)

awilson

• View Profile
Does filtering happen in buildDepthMaps() or buildDenseCloud()
« on: January 10, 2018, 08:57:09 PM »
In 1.4, the filtering parameter is passed to buildDepthMaps(), but I just noticed that there's not output related to filtering (that I saw) from that call, but when I run buildDenseCloud() it prints "filtering depth maps..."

Where is the filtering happening? From the output, it looks like it only happens in the DenseCloud step, in which case it would be really cool if we could re-run that function with different filtering without having to re-build the depth maps (i.e. move the parameter from buildDepthMaps() to buildDenseCloud() )

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Does filtering happen in buildDepthMaps() or buildDenseCloud()
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 09:21:07 PM »
Hello awilson,

These are different filterings: one is related to the depth maps and can be set up by the corresponding parameter, and another is related to the dense cloud as a whole.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

awilson

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 10:11:40 PM »
Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for clarifying!

DaveRig

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 08:04:35 PM »
So is there a way to specify the filtering mode when building the dense cloud in 1.4?
in 1.3 I used the command:
chunk.builddenseCloud(quality=PhotoScan.HighQuality, filter=PhotoScan.FilterMode.ModerateFiltering)

but in 1.4 I get a error saying "Error: 'filter' is an  invalid keyword argument for this function"

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2018, 08:52:53 PM »
Hello DaveRig,

In the version 1.4 the dense cloud generation task has been split into two parts in Python API - depth maps generation and dense cloud generation:

Code: [Select]
chunk.buildDepthMaps(quality = PhotoScan.HighQuality, filter = PhotoScan.ModerateFiltering)
chunk.buildDenseCloud(point_colors = True)
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC