Forum

Author Topic: Problem with saving processing parameters while using 'Batch process' .xml files  (Read 6140 times)

Alice

• View Profile
Hello,

I've just upgraded my Agisoft Professional to v1.4.0 build 5650. 

While using 'Batch process' option (creating steps of my workflow (Align,Build Mesh,Export...) as well as setting desired processing parameters (f.e Resolution, Projection...)) it was impossbie to use the created .xml file which was saved for the future projects.

So basically, the software reads in the .xml, remembers the steps of my workflow as presented on the attachment, but it doesn't 'remember' my processing paremeters and always change them to default.

How could I fix this problem? The .xml file I have created for previous version of the program doesn't work either.

Thanks in advance!

Alice

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Hello Alice,

We are already working on the batch export/import issues, some parameters are ignored upon read/write. I think that the fix will be included in 1.4.1 release.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

rexsham

• View Profile
Cannot save Batch Process Parameters
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2018, 01:46:49 AM »
Version 1.4.0 Build 5650

When I use add Align Photos, Build Dense Cloud, Build DEM in batch process dialog box and press "Save"
The xml generated do not contain any parameters that I set in the Batch process dialog box.

Example when you try to set projection of DEM to be WGS84, it will not save all the paramters into the xml.
Like: <param name="projection" value=""/>   it is alwasy empty.

In my test, only "Export Orthomosaic" function can save the parameters that I set in the dialog box to the xml.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<batchjobs version="1.2.0" save_project="1">
  <job name="AlignPhotos" target="all">
    <param name="downscale" value="0"/>
  </job>
  <job name="BuildDenseCloud" target="all"/>
  <job name="BuildDem" target="all">
    <param name="projection" value=""/>
  </job>
  <job name="BuildOrthomosaic" target="all">
    <param name="cull_faces" value="1"/>
    <param name="ortho_surface" value=""/>
  </job>
  <job name="ExportOrthomosaic" target="all">
    <param name="image_format" value=""/>
    <param name="path" value="//192.168.1.177/fastraid/speedtest.tif"/>
    <param name="tiff_big" value="1"/>
    <param name="tile_height" value="4096"/>
    <param name="tile_width" value="4096"/>
    <param name="write_kml" value="1"/>
  </job>
</batchjobs>

Alice

• View Profile
Hello,

The .xml files are showing exactly the same behaviour - values are empty. Even though, I have tried to 'hack' the code by typing numerical values to the code as it was written in my old .xml. Unfortunately, it doesn't help at all.

When do you expect the new version to be released?

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
Hello,

Version 1.4.1 that includes the batch processing export/import fix can be expected in a couple of weeks.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Alice

• View Profile
Thanks a lot for your answer Alexey!

willfig

• View Profile
Hello,

Version 1.4.1 that includes the batch processing export/import fix can be expected in a couple of weeks.

Just wondering if you had any update on when 1.4.1 was going to be released?

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
Hello,

Version 1.4.1 is already available from the Downloads section:
http://www.agisoft.com/downloads/installer/
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Hamid Ghayour

• View Profile
Hello Alexey,
I'm using version 1.6.3 and it seems there are still some minor issues with saving a FULL structured .XML file during EXPORT DEM / ORTHOMOSAIC from batch processing dialog. I try to set  a specific region with min/max coordinates for X and Y, but I can't see them in the saved .xml file under <region> class. Of course there are many other options neglected in .xml for Export Orthomosaic settings e.g. JPEG compression value, Generate Tiff Overview, Write alpha channel, etc.

By the way, May I ask you to explain what the purpose of these options in saved .xml file is?
   <surface>0</surface>
   <radius>1</radius>

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
Hello Hamid,

Thank you for reporting.

We will check the batch XML export for the Export DEM/Orthomosaic operations.

As for the <surface> and <radius> sections, to which task they are referring to?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Hamid Ghayour

• View Profile
Thanks Alexey,

In saved .xml file, I see <surface> and <radius> sections, but I'm not sure what these items do for me during exporting dem and orthomosaic.

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
Hello Hamid,

I am not observing these sections when exporting XML with build and export tasks for DEM and orthomosaic from the 1.6.4 release version.

The reported issues with Compression, Region and no-data sections should be fixed in the 1.6.5 version update.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Hamid Ghayour

• View Profile
Thanks again Alexey for addressing this issue,
Great! I checked .xml save for exporting DEM and Orthomosaic in version 1.6.5, it works well, now many options are available for batchjobs in xml format. I noticed that <surface> and <radius> sections are under <projection>, I'm not sure; but I guess they are related to geometric properties of projected coordinate systems.

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
Hello Hamid,

<surface> is related to the orthomosaic projection type (geographic, planar, cylindrical, and <radius> is applicable to the cylindrical projection only, but is saved in any case.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

calculon

• View Profile
Reading this thread again led me to the solution, thank you for fixing this in Version 1.6.5, just tried it.

Of course there are many other options neglected in .xml for Export Orthomosaic settings e.g. JPEG compression value, Generate Tiff Overview, Write alpha channel, etc.
The reported issues with Compression, Region and no-data sections should be fixed in the 1.6.5 version update.

We were missing the BigTIFF parameter in the batch xml. It does not get saved in any way and is not read in again.
I correctly guessed it should be something like tiff_big, and finally these parameters appeared:
Code: [Select]
    <image_compression>
       <tiff_big>false</tiff_big>
       <tiff_tiled>false</tiff_tiled>
       <tiff_overviews>false</tiff_overviews>
       <tiff_compression>5</tiff_compression>
       <jpeg_quality>90</jpeg_quality>
     </image_compression>
None of the image_compression options seemed ever to get saved or read in before v. 1.6.5.
Now they do!

To use it in a python based workflow see https://www.agisoft.com/forum/index.php?topic=11687.msg52407#msg52407

Code: [Select]
compression = Metashape.ImageCompression()
compression.tiff_big = True
chunk.exportRaster(path = "path/to/file.tif", source_data=Metashape.OrthomosaicData, image_compression = compression)