Forum

Author Topic: Facade modeling  (Read 2939 times)

froth

• View Profile
Facade modeling
« on: January 15, 2018, 04:42:07 PM »
Hello,

I am trying to produce an orthomosaic of a facade, which means that the ground plane of Photoscan's bounding box is not equal to the spatial ground. The images were observed by an UAV and I followed the instructions from beginner's tutorial. Is there a possibility to change the ground plane of the bounding box to represent my situation? At the moment I get no useful result.

Thanks,
Florian

cadm8

• View Profile

Seboon

• View Profile
Re: Facade modeling
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 08:50:10 PM »
http://www.agisoft.com/forum/index.php?topic=6377.msg32116#msg32116

Hello,

Here I have an uptated version of my script which could feed your needs.
I've made a lot of modifications ;  the most important one being the correction of the exported coordinates for the orthomosaic. There were mistakes in some cases.
The principe remains the same :  you follow steps of the script. You have now the possibility to choose each side of the bounding box to define an axe.
The generation of the orthomosaic is made with the classic Gui command of the soft, the export too.
You have to generate a worlldfile  which will be transformed after, if you want to use the optionnal capture view (last step of the script).
I apologize one more time for the script written in french,  I'll try to translate it in english and write something on the whole process, when I have time, precious time :-)
One last thing, you need to install Gdal an Pillow modules in the python folder of PHS.
Enjoy!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 09:23:48 PM by Seboon »
S.Poudroux
Archaeologist - Topographer - Drone remote pilot

froth

• View Profile
Re: Facade modeling
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2018, 09:28:32 AM »
Hey,

Thank you for your replies and your script! I will check whether I am able to solve my project using the python script.

Am I right that there is no possibility to export an georeferenced orthomosaic of a facade using planar projection in the standard workflow? I think it would be very useful for GIS work!

Thank you,
Florian