Forum

Author Topic: Experimental Mesh Generation Stuck on "Estimating Best Cut..."  (Read 1227 times)

DTFrontMan

• View Profile
I've been using the experimental mesh generation method to create a mesh after getting repeated index overflow issues with the traditional method, but I'm currently stuck at "Extimating Best Cut..." and it's been there about 18 hours.

Does anyone know if this part of the process happens to be single threaded and CPU based?  Nothing is being used but about half my ram and 4% of my CPU.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Experimental Mesh Generation Stuck on "Estimating Best Cut..."
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 08:55:28 PM »
Hello DTFrontMan,

This part is single threaded, that's right.

As for the long processing time, can you specify the depth quality used, the number and resolution of the camera and also describe the project type? If possible, please also provide the log from the processing dialog -> details section.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

DTFrontMan

• View Profile
Re: Experimental Mesh Generation Stuck on "Estimating Best Cut..."
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2018, 05:48:12 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply!  This is what the log is giving me (everything other than a whole lot of "[GPU] estimating")

Depth reconstruction devices performance:
 - 49%    done by GeForce GTX TITAN X
 - 51%    done by GeForce GTX 1080
Total time: 9947.72 seconds

Dense cloud accumulated in 9962.54 seconds
Building model...
Setting weights for cameras...
Inspecting edges...
Setting weights for visibility rays...
Rays traversed in 4325.8 seconds
Cells number:  363360940
Additional weights calculation...
Constructing graph...
Estimating best cut...

The project is a full 360 degree environment with 430 separate 3000x2000 images which I understand is hefty.  Detail settings were all the highest possible.  Right now it's sitting at 27 hours which is a time I'm okay with, I just don't know if it's going to be 3 more days after this lol.