Forum

Author Topic: Old Version gets great results, new version bad ones with same images  (Read 2079 times)

Boony

• View Profile
Hi there!

I am trying to recreate a scan that was tested on set with an older version of PhotoScan, but I get vastly different results with newer versions of the software.

With seemingly the same basic settings they got a decent headscan from a set of photos using version 1.1.6 Build 2038, while I can only align half of the images with version 1.4.0. Playing with different settings yields similar results, matching only one side of the face and not aligning the other half of the images.

Are there any basic settings I'm overlooking, that could help with that?

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Old Version gets great results, new version bad ones with same images
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 06:59:31 PM »
Hello Boony,

It would be helpful, if you can provide the processing log from the version 1.4.0 related to the camera alignment and the source images to support@agisoft.com, so that we can test the processing on our side.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

DanielS

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 02:22:37 PM »
Hi everybody,

there are any ideas for this topic? I have something similar and i'm trying to figure out what the problem is.
I need some information to localize my problem.

Thanks in advance.

Daniel

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2018, 06:36:55 PM »
Hello Daniel,

It would be helpful, if you could share the original image set and two projects (in PSZ format) processed in different versions of PhotoScan.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC