Forum

Author Topic: Can't open project on Win7 node (Win10&XP nodes working correctly)  (Read 2564 times)

jmyers

• View Profile
Hello,

I'm having a network root issue on a Win7 node. My current network cluster consists of
1 WinXP server/node
1 Win10 node/client/mapped network drive
2 Win10 nodes
1 Win7 node.

Network processing functions flawlessly on the XP/10 nodes, but when processing with the Win7 node connected I receive a 'can't open project' failure, despite having setup the Win7 node in exactly the same manner as I did the other nodes. 'photoscan --node --dispatch 192.168.1.67 --root \\workstation-2\f\FS13\' - works on every node but the Win7 machine.

Since the command functions correctly on other nodes, I assume it is some issue with Win7 beging able to access a mapped network drive. Is there a separate process to enable a Win7 node to access the network storage?

I appreciate any support you may be able to provide, and thank you.

jmyers

• View Profile
Re: Can't open project on Win7 node (Win10&XP nodes working correctly)
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 07:42:45 PM »
I should note that the Win7 node connects successfully to the server, and is visible on the Network Monitor.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 07:49:24 PM »
Hello jmyers,

Can you access the root path from that Win 7 machine by the file manager?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

jmyers

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 07:59:08 PM »
Thank you for your response.

Yes, the root path is accessible in the Win7 file explorer, and I am able to transfer files between machines via file explorer.

ruyi7952

• View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2018, 03:28:00 PM »
Thank you for your response.

Yes, the root path is accessible in the Win7 file explorer, and I am able to transfer files between machines via file explorer.

If the Agisoft Network Monitor does not see the win7 machine, try checking the firewall.
If you can see the win7 machine, the Agisoft Network Monitor will have error messages.

Real Scene Model Professional Contractor

Collect、Process、Publish

jmyers

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2018, 08:16:56 PM »
If the Agisoft Network Monitor does not see the win7 machine, try checking the firewall.

I should note that the Win7 node connects successfully to the server, and is visible on the Network Monitor.

If you can see the win7 machine, the Agisoft Network Monitor will have error messages.

Network processing functions flawlessly on the XP/10 nodes, but when processing with the Win7 node connected I receive a 'can't open project' failure,

Thank you for your input, however your suggestions have already been covered in this thread.

jmyers

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2018, 08:18:53 PM »
An upgrade to Windows 10 resolved my issue. Windows 7 does not seem to be supported by Photoscan.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2018, 08:44:12 PM »
Hello jmyers,

I have to disagree with your statement regarding Windows 7, we regularly work with the computers connected to the network solution basing on Windows 7 OS, also many users that we are in contact with utilize Windows 7 with the network processing and everything works fine.

I would rather assume that some of the system properties or network sharing settings were not set up properly (like access settings for the current user).
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

ruyi7952

• View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2018, 10:07:41 PM »
Windows7 is a very popular system, and most of the clusters I work with work in the Windows7 pro or ultimate. If the project file error can be prompted, please check the access path of the project file in Windows7. This place has a very weird problem. Usually we want to share project folders. However, opening the project file from the Shared path or opening the project file directly from the resource manager is a completely different path for the node. You can view the project file name in the network manager. The correct situation is that only the name of the project file will not contain any similar.. /.. / this way.
Real Scene Model Professional Contractor

Collect、Process、Publish