Forum

Author Topic: MAvinci Plugin and Agisoft issues  (Read 2193 times)

smcmurray

• Registered Mine Surveyor
    • View Profile
MAvinci Plugin and Agisoft issues
« on: January 31, 2018, 07:24:36 AM »
Hi I am trying to process a flight from my MAvinci Pro UAV using the mavinci plugin but it stops and says I have run out of RAM ? I have 64gb of RAM so not sure that is what is happening. Any help is appreciated.

SAV

• View Profile
Re: MAvinci Plugin and Agisoft issues
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 07:54:01 AM »
Hi smcmurray,

If you try to process a large number of images and/or high resolution imagery in a single chunk, you may run out of RAM.

Check out Photoscan's memory requirements here: http://www.agisoft.com/pdf/tips_and_tricks/PhotoScan_Memory_Requirements.pdf

To still be able to process a large project, you could either lower the quality settings or split your project into several chunks. The latter would allow you to compute the dense point cloud for each chunk individually and at the end merge all chunks again.

It is recommended to split the project after running the photo alignment step using ALL images. Most of the time it is only necessary to split the project to generate the dense point cloud.

Regards,
SAV

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: MAvinci Plugin and Agisoft issues
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 08:21:47 AM »
Hello smcmurray,

In the log it is said that some image cannot be opened. So you can check if all paths are correct.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC