Forum

Author Topic: Generating dense cloud/mesh on some cameras only  (Read 3033 times)

yoli

• View Profile
Generating dense cloud/mesh on some cameras only
« on: March 01, 2018, 10:18:15 AM »
Hi, I have photos of a large plane. Instead of building a dense cloud/mesh for the whole plane, I would like to split it in two parts and generate a different dense cloud/mesh for each part. Ideally I would like to align all photos to get a tie points cloud, then select the cameras to split from this cloud and move them into another chunk, then build separate dense clouds and meshes for each chunk. Well, it seems it doesn't work this way! I am able to move the selected cameras into a new chunk, but I cannot build either a tie point or a dense cloud for this new chunk. Can someone please explain how I can proceed?
Using PhotoScan Standard 1.4.1.

SAV

• View Profile
Re: Generating dense cloud/mesh on some cameras only
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 12:26:59 PM »
Hi Yoli,

This Python script should solve your problem:
https://github.com/agisoft-llc/photoscan-scripts/blob/master/src/split_in_chunks_dialog.py

Regards,
SAV

JMR

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 02:36:56 PM »
No, sorry SAV, Pscan Standard does not support api py console.

yoli

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2018, 03:58:52 PM »
Any solution with the Standard version? What is the point of providing the ability to create several chunks if we cannot build dense clouds/meshes for them?

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2018, 05:40:31 PM »
Hello yoli,

In Standard edition you can try to manually reproduce the script workflow:
- align images in the original chunk,
- resize region to the area of interest (may be also handy to do that in Orthographic view mode in the Model view using one of the predefined views) or disable certain set of cameras in the chunk,
- build dense cloud,
- duplicate chunk,
- resize the reconstruction region to another area or enable another group of cameras,
- build dense cloud in the chunk copy,
- repeat several times if necessary,

then if you need to merge the chunks back, use Camera based chunk alignment option. Also it may be handy to move all the cameras to the folders in the Workspace pane before the first chunk duplication - it would help to remove the camera duplicates after merging the chunks back.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

yoli

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2018, 06:49:55 PM »
Alexey, thanks, this is working fine!