Forum

Author Topic: Export chunk to separate .psv file?  (Read 5804 times)

tincansassoc

• View Profile
Export chunk to separate .psv file?
« on: February 09, 2013, 11:09:49 AM »
Is there a way to export a single chunk to separate .psv file? This would be useful for me because I create photos for multiple objects and then process them at the same time using the batch tool. So when I finish I want to reorganize the project files into their respective folders. I could copy the same .csv file into each folder and then open each one up and delete the extra chunks, however this seems time consuming so I am looking for a better way.

RalfH

• View Profile
Re: Export chunk to separate .psv file?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 11:24:29 AM »
Not sure I understand what you mean - .psv files? You mean .psz files or .csv files? If you want to have separate files in the end, I don't know why you want to have them as chunks in a single project, and if you want to have them as one big project, I don't know why you want to split it into several files. Is it just because you want to use the batch processing? Then, in any case, you can just save the project under different file names, open each file and delete all the chunks that you don't want to have in it. Alternatively, you can always have several instances of PhotoScan running (of course, that might create memory usage conflicts if all instances are in a memory-intensive processing step at the same time, so the sequential batch processing would be preferable).
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 01:05:49 PM by RalfH »

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 02:08:43 PM »
Hello tincansassoc,

You can use Python scripting to save each chunk to separate project file.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

tincansassoc

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 07:50:46 PM »
My intention is to use the batch processing tools while I sleep at night, so everything is done processing in the morning. I have put each object into a separate chunk even though they are unrelated as a single project. I'm sure I would have problems starting multiple instances of photoscan since there isn't a unifying batch tool.

So the way I understand it, the fastest way for me to do this is with python scripting, but I currently only have the standard edition so I will have to just duplicate my project file after and then delete the extra chunks.