Forum

Author Topic: Matching photo with sparse point cloud after alignment  (Read 11807 times)

clipo

• View Profile
Matching photo with sparse point cloud after alignment
« on: April 28, 2011, 10:02:18 PM »
How does one efficiently figure out which photo resulted in areas of the sparse point cloud after the photos are aligned? In some cases, I can see photos that very poorly matched and created obvious anomalies.  I'd like to delete those photographs.  However, when the number of photos is large, this is not an easy task.  Any tips for doing this? Otherwise, one has to keep deleting until the point cloud changes (right?). It would be great to be able to click on a point on the point cloud and have the photo(s) from which it was derived turn a color.

Gatto

• View Profile
    • My website
Re: Matching photo with sparse point cloud after alignment
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 09:42:41 AM »
Same problem, actually I try to identify the inacceptable photos deleting the suspected ones and realigning. Usually the problematic ones are the one with very low angle one from each other.

Selecting a part of point cloud and having corresponding photo highlighted will be a great time saving.

Meow

mala

• View Profile
Re: Matching photo with sparse point cloud after alignment
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 03:20:28 PM »
"Selecting a part of point cloud and having corresponding photo highlighted"

got to agree with that, would be very handy, especially if you could also combine it with the ability to select unwanted points before the Geo build stage instead of using the 'volume' select method. ;)