Forum

Author Topic: Calculate points color ? time consuming, necessary ?  (Read 3213 times)

xplorer

• View Profile
Calculate points color ? time consuming, necessary ?
« on: April 30, 2018, 06:50:48 PM »
Hello !
 Please, is there any interest to enable "calculate points color", when building the dense cloud ?
 i tested the amount of time estimated and it goes from about 8 days ... with the points colors, to about one day and a half, without "point colors".
 I'm thinking that these colors don't matter at all, since the texture will be calculated and projected only later. But i may be wrong ... am i ? What is the purpose of these points color actualy ?
 Thanks !

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Calculate points color ? time consuming, necessary ?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 10:04:54 PM »
Hello xplorer,

Long time for the color calculation in your case may be related to the disabled depth filtering, as it could be time consuming to estimate colors for very noisy cloud.

Generally it shouldn't take longer than 10% of all time, but if the colors are not required for your task, then you can safely disable the setting.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

xplorer

• View Profile
Re: Calculate points color ? time consuming, necessary ?
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 10:16:53 PM »
Thanks very much Alexey. i understand now.

well, i suppose i don't need to calculate their colors ... For what purpose would i need it actualy ?

i just need to generate a mesh, and later the texture.

i suppose that what will be displayed will simply be the sparse cloud anyway.

I think that in the early stages of calculation, photoscan estimâtes the time for the best, but it varies a lot. This time it started with about 20 days, then reduced down to 1 day and 10 hours. Now it's at 3 days estimated ...

i disabled the filtering and required the ultra high setting, to get the most defined scan. i trust my 8k photos, their definition, and the kind of surface which is all sculpted stone. The whole thing into a soft shadow, so ideal.

i hope it'll go fine, since i've never calculated such huge and long scan before.

1024 x 8k photos, it took 10 hours to align the cameras.
one 5820k
one gtx titan ( early one )
one gtx 1080 ti