Forum

Author Topic: Orthomosaic for council tax calculation  (Read 5150 times)

Bene

• View Profile
Re: Orthomosaic for council tax calculation
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2018, 06:41:47 PM »
Thanks SAV.

I noticed that I had some holes in my model. In this way, I returned to the area and did another flight, taking more pictures just for the empty areas. So, what do I need to do now?

Can I import the new photos to the project that is already aligned and align just the new cameras or I'll need to run everything (alignment, dense cloud, etc) again?

And what about the GCP, do I need to replace all of them again in my model? Just remember that I have 4800 photos, including the new ones, and 80 GCP.

Kind regards,
B
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 06:52:51 PM by Bene »

SAV

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2018, 09:52:07 AM »
Hi Bene,

Starting from version 1.4, PhotoScan allows for incremental image alignment, which may be useful in case of some data missing in the initially aligned project. If this may be the case, you should switch on the Keep key points option on the Advanced tab of the Preferences dialog before you start the processing of the data.

And you would need to make sure that Reset current alignment is disabled when running the ALIGN PHOTOS step.

Reset current alignment: If this option is checked, all the tie, and key, and matching points will be discarded and the alignment procedure will be started from the very beginning.

All the best.

Regards,
SAV

Bene

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2018, 06:09:41 PM »
Hi SAV,

Good to know that new feature of the 1.4 version.

I did what you said but the result was very bad. The amount of points reduce dramatically as well.  I attached the sparse cloud before and after the addition of the new photos.

Another thing I noticed is that when I import the new photos, the coordinates doesn't appear on the reference pane. I highlighted it on the screen shot.

All the best!
B

SAV

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2018, 09:06:55 AM »
Hi Bene,

As far as I know it works if you had the option enabled when processing it in first place. Therefore, you will need to run the alignment step on all images again. Sorry about that.

Regards,
SAV