Forum

Author Topic: Problems with texture  (Read 11074 times)

CNL

• View Profile
Problems with texture
« on: November 27, 2012, 03:00:40 PM »
I'm using Photoscan Professional v.0.8.5.1423. Initially some of my models worked fine, but lately when I batch process the models fail. Also, I can't see the textured view of the model - I can't even click on the setting for Texture under the View tab. I think I'm following the same procedure as when I started, and I don't know why it's going wrong now.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Problems with texture
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 03:04:38 PM »
Hello CNL,

Maybe some chunks (from batch processing list) have missing images or incorrect paths to photos and therefore the texture could not be created?
Have you tried to build the texture for one of the skipped chunks using corresponding Workflow command?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

CNL

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 03:34:19 PM »
Hi Alexey,
Most of my models have been processed as a single chunk. How do I figure out if there are incorrect paths or missing images?

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 03:49:26 PM »
Hello CNL,

By right-clicking on the photo in the Photos pane and choosing "Show info" option you can check the paths.
Also in case the thumbnails do not appear in the Photos pane for some photos that means that the photos are missing.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

CNL

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 04:17:03 PM »
Hi Alexey,
I'm looking at a small model I did recently in which I can't see texture. I added 39 photos, but one photo is missing. Should I delate that photo and run the modelling process again? Also, when a model is exported should it be accompanied by a file for texture?

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 04:26:34 PM »
Hello CNL,

You can disable the missing photo in the Workspace pane and it will not be taken into account during texture generation stage (disabled photos are also skipped at Build Geometry and Align Photos stages).

The texture is stored for the exported model if the corresponding flag is checked on in the Export Model dialog (in case export type supports textures).
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

CNL

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2012, 04:38:07 PM »
And when I export my models they are accompanied by a .dae file but no .tiff file. Is this why there is no texture?

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2012, 04:44:50 PM »
.dae is a extension for COLLADA file format - it contains model itself and is accompanied by texture file if it is selected in the Export model dialog.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

CNL

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2012, 04:48:14 PM »
Hi Alexey,
None of the export options (.obj, .3ds, .wrl, .dae, .ply, .dxf, .u3d, .pdf) are allowing me to export texture. When I open the export parameter box the export texture box cannot be clicked. I have been able to do this previously with one model, which exported as .dae, with an accompanying .tiff file.

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2012, 04:53:41 PM »
Hello CNL,

It is possible to export the texture only if it is previously reconstructed using Build Texture command from Workflow menu. When you disable missing photo and reconstruct the texture you'll be able to export textured model.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC