Forum

Author Topic: Deleting points along timeline in Pro version  (Read 1418 times)

rcumminsvfx

• View Profile
Deleting points along timeline in Pro version
« on: March 30, 2018, 03:35:44 AM »
Hey all,

I've been working on trying to setup a python script to clean up the alignment and sparse cloud along a timeline sequence before running the dense cloud. Currently if you run any type of gradual selection it will select across all frames but you have to manually go frame by frame to delete that selection.

I am trying to write a python script to run a gradual selection, remove points on all frames, optimize camera position and so on until I've ran through all the gradual selection filters I would like to use.

I noticed this is a much larger issue beyond just gradual selection as there is no delete across all frames for anything including select points by mask/color in the dense point cloud filtering and even during some mesh filtering using gradual selection.

I tried looking up the frame range stuff in the python api documentation but couldn't figure out how to loop through the whole timeline deleting the selection until you've gone through all the frames

I have the python script already for running the various filters and how to remove the points I am just at a loss for removing them across a sequence.

Thanks everyone!