Forum

Author Topic: Mosaic Edition  (Read 12418 times)

juzUAV

• View Profile
Mosaic Edition
« on: November 28, 2012, 01:18:01 PM »
Hello,
A very nyce feature is the possibility to editing the Orthomosaic by changing the seamline. It would be useful for example to manually create local projection for buildings. Here is an example:
http://www.pix4d.com/screencast/
This feature is optimal for improve UAV mapping.

RHenriques

• View Profile
Re: Mosaic Edition
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 07:40:23 AM »
Impressive! This would solve many of the problems that I'm getting with photoscan for generate orthophotos.
It would be great if the Agisoft Team could make such feature alive in version 1. 
+ 1

Mohabon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 06:49:07 PM »
Yeah that tool rocks! +1

Mohabon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 11:12:30 AM »
Since i dont see so big interest in this tool, is there a work-around or another software that allows a work-around?

- To delete cars/trucks from ortophoto can be done easy with Photoshop.
- To substitute some artefacts given by alignment process on building is quite difficult tbh, so a solution would be more than appreciated, if anyone has tips.

Regards

ajg-cal

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 01:29:45 PM »
Hello,
A very nyce feature is the possibility to editing the Orthomosaic by changing the seamline. It would be useful for example to manually create local projection for buildings. Here is an example:
http://www.pix4d.com/screencast/
This feature is optimal for improve UAV mapping.

+1

RHenriques

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 07:27:25 PM »
Since i dont see so big interest in this tool, is there a work-around or another software that allows a work-around?

- To delete cars/trucks from ortophoto can be done easy with Photoshop.
- To substitute some artefacts given by alignment process on building is quite difficult tbh, so a solution would be more than appreciated, if anyone has tips.

Hi Mohabon

Maybe you misunderstood what this tool does exactly. It's not a simple paint brush or a cloning tool like in photoshop. It's a dynamic tool to edit an orthophoto, segmenting it by sectors that can be edited separately, using all the aligned photographs available for a certain place. You can choose and edit the limits, by hand, of the best looking photo too use in a place but keeping a perfect alignment with the vicinity. The present Photoscan algorithms to build an orthophoto have some troubles to deal with geometric features that are detached from the "dominant" surface, that suffer from huge parallax between photos or occultation problems. Some buildings might get their walls a little curved or distorted, mainly if you use medium quality geometry building, or something below that. This tool will help you in the sensible task of building a quality orthophoto which is diferent from a good looking merged photo that you can indeed produce in photoshop. Once you use photoshop in a TIFF file for instance, unless you have a word file, you will loose all the georreferenced information.

Oli63

• www.geospy.at
    • View Profile
    • GeoSpy Aerial Imaging & Mapping GmbH
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2012, 01:48:47 AM »
I agree about the attractiveness of this feature in Pix4D, though the editing of the seamlines is a nightmare to get used to. I played around with it for an hour or so.
On the other hand, if you use it intensively on a model and say have a lot of buildings in it, you'd get a picture where every building raises into another direction. Not what I'd call a useful orthophoto. >:(

What I'd consider much more desirable is finding a method that applies a clean texture to vertical objects, like walls. I am not an expert in it but I am surprised that there is no tool which can use existing vertical textures (like through the use of very wide angle photo lenses and intensive overlapping) and put it onto the mesh without those terrible and extreme distortions.
GeoSpy Aerial Imaging & Mapping GmbH
www.geospy.at

Porly

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2012, 01:35:49 PM »
Hello, this Tool would reduce my workflow by 80%. Now it depends on luck which mosaic is used by disabling a Photo. But im looking forward that agisoft will handle this problem in the near Future. Best regards!