Forum

Author Topic: Wrong heights after exporting Ptcloud or DEM  (Read 2437 times)

DrohneTaberg2018

• View Profile
Wrong heights after exporting Ptcloud or DEM
« on: July 19, 2018, 11:17:33 AM »
Hello,

i have a very big issue with my projects after exporting them and analyze them in ArcGIS.

My GCPs where measured e.g. using UTM/WGS84. In Agisoft I see the right elevations of the points in my pointcloud. However, If I export my cloud (using the german coordinate system DHDN) as .LAS and load it into ArcGIS, I get the wrong elevations!
They are shifted by 20m or more!

If I measure my GCP in DHDN and then upload the model in ArcGIS the elevations are correct.

Thus, the transformation of the pointcloud or also DEM is not correct which is a very big issue! Any idea how to fix this?

Best regards

Nicolai

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Wrong heights after exporting Ptcloud or DEM
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 01:25:21 PM »
Hello Nicolai,

When exporting the results in a coordinate system that is different from the one defined in the Reference pane settings dialog you can click on Datum Transformation settings and configure transformation parameters either manually or selecting the proper one form the list (according to EPSG code for the transformation).
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

ajpancha

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2018, 05:42:06 PM »
1089/5000
Greetings from a distance, I regret that you have problems in the transformation of coordinates, I do not have much knowledge in the program, but I could suggest the following:

If you already have all your project generated in UTM / WGS 84, I would recommend that you export all the information with the initial coordinate system, and those files exported with a third program transform it to the desired system, I imagine that there would be no problem with the elevations wrong ...

Another option would be that at the beginning when you create your project, insert the images and control points, do first hand the transformation of coordinates and after that all the processing with AGISOFT, I imagine that with it the processing would be done with the new system of coordinates and when exporting the information in the end you would not have any problem ...

That's my little comment, if I'm wrong, I'd really appreciate it if you could correct me ...

And if you have already solved the problem, it would be good if you could share how you did it ...

You have a good day...

Atte.

NiklasW@BH

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 10:57:35 AM »
Hello,

I'got the same problem using Gaus Krueger (GK3).

I tried to use the "local Coordinates" from Aggisoft, then northing and easting are correct but the height varries between 0,20m and 6,0m.

At the window "refernce" the coordinates (e,n,h) are shown correctly. Under "Error" I can see the height differnce. After exporting it to GeoGraf I can see the error where points aren't (for example) at the height of 100,as they should.

Why does he not just use my Coordinates for reference why do I need to give him a system?

I would be super happy if someone could help me!

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2018, 03:09:31 PM »
Hello NiklasW@BH,

Are you using only GCPs coordinates for georeferencing? Which EPSG code of the system is set in the Reference pane settings for the chunk?

Maybe you can share the report file from the project and the screenshot of the source values from the Reference pane?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC