Forum

Author Topic: Is it possible to validate 'invalid' matches? PLEASE HELP!  (Read 10783 times)

findleyjames

• View Profile
Is it possible to validate 'invalid' matches? PLEASE HELP!
« on: April 13, 2018, 03:50:19 PM »
Dear All,

My images are particularity low resolution due to the nature of the project. There are many 'valid' matches (lines marked blue when looking at 'view matches'), but just as many 'invalid' matches (marked red) which are in fact correct. There are many irregularities as of this.

Is there any way I can validate these invalid matches to get a more accurate model?

Would really appreciate any help!

Best,
Findley

ivanmalek

• View Profile
Re: Is it possible to validate 'invalid' matches? PLEASE HELP!
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2019, 07:59:37 PM »
I'd be very interested in this as well, I'm often having trouble with this. A few photos fail to align, because all the matched points are considered invalid, although when checking them, they seem to fit just right. This is oftentimes really frustrating.

sambagis

• View Profile
Re: Is it possible to validate 'invalid' matches? PLEASE HELP!
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2019, 08:42:00 PM »
YES YES YES!!!! This needs to be simple option.  Look at invalid points and change them to valid points (basically turns them into markers).  This is something that would greatly improve the use of this software for complex data sets that dont have a simple solution or ability to capture new data.