Forum

Author Topic: Batch Process Freeze  (Read 2929 times)

apatons

Batch Process Freeze
« on: April 24, 2018, 07:08:01 PM »
Hello,

Im processing 20 chunks in batch process and it starts working with the GPU as it is lining up the photos. On the end of the first chunk he stop working with the GPU and only uses the CPU, the process freeze on the same % and does not continuos.

The computer have an AMD Radeon(TM) R9 270.

The panel with the GPU config is marked to work using it.

Someone know why this is happening?

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Batch Process Freeze
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 07:30:57 PM »
Hello apatons,

Is it possible that AMD driver has crashed and couldn't get recovered? Do you see any error messages related to GPU processing in the log?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

apatons

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2018, 12:11:13 AM »
Hello apatons,

Is it possible that AMD driver has crashed and couldn't get recovered? Do you see any error messages related to GPU processing in the log?

Hello Alexey,

There is no error msg, also I tried on another computer with the same specs and it had the same error. The strange thing is that if I run each chunk it runs smooth and fast, if I run by the batch process it stops on the first chunk and don't continue...

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2018, 12:15:14 AM »
Hello apatons,

Can you provide the log for such operation and also check if the issue is observed, when all GPUs are unchecked in the preferences?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

apatons

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2018, 09:14:37 PM »
Hello apatons,

Can you provide the log for such operation and also check if the issue is observed, when all GPUs are unchecked in the preferences?

Hello Alexey,

I disabled the GPU nearby and now it looks like the batch process is working. With that, I will be loosing on processing time? Do you think the problem is with the GPU or with the drivers? Or something related to that?

Thank you very much with the support

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2018, 09:20:22 PM »
Hello apatons,

Could be something with the driver. If you can reproduce the issue, please turn on Write Log to File option in the General Preferences tab, re-start PhotoScan and then re-start the batch processing to reproduce the problem. When it freezes, locate the log file and post it here, PM me or send to support@agisoft.com.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC