Forum

Author Topic: Region features  (Read 1392 times)

xplorer

• View Profile
Region features
« on: April 30, 2018, 07:00:43 PM »
Hello !

i'm starting to think that the region box could benefit from some more features. Simple, but very handy.

For a big scan, i generaly like to calculate the mesh in several parts, and i use the region box to specify the pièces that i want to calculate one at a time. So i pick some points of the box and move them accordingly, but it's not very Advanced.

i'd love to see such feature as some gizmo x,y,z for each of the 8 points of the box, to be sure to drive the points in one specific direction at a time, and not x, y and z in space.
And also, a value for each axis would be great.
maybe even a "lock" feature, to be sure not to move the points later on.

for now, i must be extra careful, or i can lose the position of the box, and it can be terrible since i want all my meshs to be synchronised and having an edge in common. each patch must be next to each other, see what i mean ? like bricks ... that i assemble later in some third party softs, after i project the texture for each mesh.

One more thing : that would be great if calculating the dense cloud was limited by the region box, to avoid some useless calculation.

please, develop such features, that would be fantastic ! And maybe even some ortho / perspective 4 Windows, to work with a scan / model