Forum

Author Topic: EXIF and xmp tags for recognising MicaSense multi-camera system  (Read 1766 times)

Jade

• View Profile
Hi,

I am using MicaSense RedEdge camera workflow to convert RAW images to radiance. I wrote EXIF tags back to the converted images but Agisoft was not able to recognise them as a part of multi-camera system. It worked only when i wrote xmp tags. Now, i do not want all xmp tags in the image, as according to the camera provider it is not recommended to include them in the photogrammetric processing.

So my question is, which tags are necessary for Agisoft in order it to be able to recognise image sets as a part of multi-camera system?

Thanks

Helsky

• Photoscan Version 1.0.4 (64 bit) professional
    • View Profile
Re: EXIF and xmp tags for recognising MicaSense multi-camera system
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2020, 10:57:46 PM »
I have the same question.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: EXIF and xmp tags for recognising MicaSense multi-camera system
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2020, 05:58:58 PM »
Hello,

If the meta-information that allows to distinguish the camera system, it is possible to organize manually the images into folders in two ways:
- create a few sub-folders according to the number of separate bands and fill them with the corresponding image sub-sets,
- create multiple sub-folders, where each of them is related to the separate multi-camera system.

In both cases you should use Add Folder command from the Workflow menu and point to the "master" directory which contains the sub-folders in one of the describe layouts.

However, if we are speaking about MicaSense imagery, completely missing meta data will result in the loss of the information important to the reflectance calibration procedure.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC