Forum

Author Topic: Question regarding Pattern Projection and reconstruction  (Read 1387 times)

karthik_hv

• View Profile
Question regarding Pattern Projection and reconstruction
« on: April 06, 2019, 01:00:31 AM »
Hi,

I did read a little bit about how projecting patterns on a featureless object and trying to reconstruct it could be challenging. But I was wondering if there were specific guidelines/suggested workflow that I can follow to do it?

I was planning to go ahead and give it a try. Has anyone who tried here got good results? If so, what are the steps that you would recommend me to do and what are the steps I must completely avoid? Any suggestions?

Also, do I need to have a professional version to do it?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Karthik

Kiesel

• View Profile
Re: Question regarding Pattern Projection and reconstruction
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 09:09:44 AM »
Hi karthik_hv,

it should also be possible with standard version. But when you need a scaled model you have to scale it in a third party program like Meshlab or CloudCompare, which isn't as accurate as in Metashape/PhotoScan.

The general workflow is to reconstruct model with projected pattern images and after that change image path to photos without pattern projection for texturing. Photos with and without pattern projection should have the same name for that, so renaming isn't necessary.

You can see this video for a how to do it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKEUmzSvx7s

Kiesel
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 11:33:31 AM by Kiesel »