Forum

Author Topic: PhotoScan Roadmap  (Read 1734 times)

Mak11

• View Profile
PhotoScan Roadmap
« on: June 07, 2018, 03:23:39 PM »
Hi there Agisoft Team,

I was wondering if you guys would ever release communicate what the roadmap of PhotoScan is?
Things la new features currently being worked on, performance improvements, target dates for release of new builds etc..

Regards

Smallpoly

• View Profile
Re: PhotoScan Roadmap
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 09:36:03 PM »
I don't know about them, but I'd really love to see more features targeted towards game dev. It's really starting to catch on for certain areas. I dream of the days where photogrammetry software will pop out a ready to use low poly mesh with normals, AO and maybe even gloss and metallness reconstructed from the high poly mesh and photo set.

Mak11

• View Profile
Re: PhotoScan Roadmap
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2018, 01:09:53 AM »
Ah that's maybe asking too much I think. But one can dream/hope. The mesh clean-up stage + retopo is super important so their still be a need for additional software before the baking AO/Normal etc step. Well unless PhotoScan adds more "modeling/sculpting" features which is something I don't expect them to do.

The most important thing is reconstruction quality and speed. The later is what I hope Agisoft is working hard one (especially compared to its main competitor).