Forum

Author Topic: Ultra High Dense Cloud  (Read 2034 times)

Doszpot

• View Profile
Ultra High Dense Cloud
« on: August 14, 2018, 08:16:38 AM »
Hi,

I'm creating a number of models which have been imaged in a large room.  In some of the models, photoscan assigns a number of points to the room itself thus lowering the resolution of the object I am modelling.  To increase the resolution for the problem models I have constructed the dense cloud on 'ultra high' instead of 'high'.  This seems to help with the total number of points in the assigned to the object and the number of faces on the mesh of the model, however, models constructed with an ultra high dense cloud have many large holes.  This was not an issue when constructing the models on the 'high' dense cloud setting. 

I understand that the ultra high setting compares individual pixels whereas high compares every second and that this may mean that image quality has an amplified effect.  Am I correct in assuming this is the issue and is there a way to stop holes from occurring in ultra high?  If not is there a way to force more points to be placed on a specific area in the models which construct the whole room as opposed to the object itself?

Thanks

-Neil