Forum

Author Topic: oblique images  (Read 2150 times)

davidsumner

• View Profile
oblique images
« on: June 12, 2018, 03:48:37 PM »
This is my first time using oblique imagery.  I have a few newbie questions.

I read in another post and also the manual that it is good to set the ground altitude value.
If i have ground control points can i average those and use that as a my ground altitude value?

The manual states that ground altitude value should be in the same coordinate system but then the input box has (m) beside it even though I'm in a a north American state plane ... US feet...      so do i use the US Feet or Meters?

my images span a 60' UAS elevation difference due to different takeoff locations.   will that mater?

thanks

davidsumner

• View Profile
Re: oblique images
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 02:56:52 PM »
update: 
i added our ground control and put the ground altitude in US feet to match the coordinate system.  This worked better much better.  The job was essentially flown  twice with the same flight pattern but with opposite oblique angles.   The images for one entire flight pattern aligned but then the second flight pattern did not align.  not the end of the world.  I could proceed with just the first flight pattern.       
If i wanted to attempt to add the second flight pattern what would be a good workflow?   Process it in a separate chunk and then try to align it with the first?     

Attached is an image of showing the flight patterns