Forum

Author Topic: Is it possible to download older versions of PhotoScan?  (Read 3573 times)

Ant

• View Profile
Is it possible to download older versions of PhotoScan?
« on: June 21, 2018, 10:47:46 AM »
Hi there,

Is it possible to download older versions of PhotoScan Pro?

I need to carry on a project for which most of the 3D models have already been processed with Photoscan Pro version 1.2.3 build 2331. To stay consistent in my methodology I'd need to use the exact same version.

Can someone provide me the setup files for Photoscan Pro version 1.2.3 (build 2331) for Linux and Windows 7 (64bit)?

Regards,
Ant

Eric Baird

• Quadro K5000 + Quadro K620 / Xeon Hex / 64M RAM
    • View Profile
    • The Brighton Toy and Model Index
Re: Is it possible to download older versions of Metashape?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2021, 12:11:34 AM »
Yes, it would sometimes be useful if there was more than one "old" version of the software available.

At the moment, the site offers 1.7.4 as the current version, and 1.6.6 as a previous version.

In my case, 1.6.6 makes nice meshes, but doesn't play nicely enough with my two different GPU cards, and keeps falling back to using the CPU (slow...). 1.7.4 seems to have had a lot of further work done on it to make GPU handling slicker, but has a mesh problem with highest/ultra-high alignment and mesh-from-depthmap.

1.7.3 might solve both issues, but I don't see any way to download it from the site.

hmph.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Is it possible to download older versions of PhotoScan?
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2021, 04:50:13 PM »
Hello Eric,

At first I would suggest to check, if pre-release of 1.7.5 solves the problem for you:
https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/download.agisoft.com/metashape-pro_1_7_5_x64.msi

The older version (1.7.3) can be downloaded by the modified link:
https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/download.agisoft.com/metashape-pro_1_7_3_x64.msi
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Eric Baird

• Quadro K5000 + Quadro K620 / Xeon Hex / 64M RAM
    • View Profile
    • The Brighton Toy and Model Index
Re: Is it possible to download older versions of PhotoScan?
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2021, 10:03:23 PM »
Thanks, Alexey!
   I've just found the link by looking at an old version of the download page using the Wayback Machine http://web.archive.org/ (June/July 2021).

Archive.org don't archive the installation file itself, but they archive the old download page that includes the link to it. Thanks for keeping that downloadable file "live".

And also ... thank you very much for writing and maintaining this software. I know that it may sometimes sound as if we folk on the forum are always whingeing, but we really do appreciate this software, and are genuinely grateful for the support and updates. It's really helped to make high-quality photogrammetry accessible to a wider range of people.