Forum

Author Topic: Video Tutorials  (Read 8941 times)

Wishgranter

• View Profile
    • Museum of Historic Buildings
Video Tutorials
« on: January 10, 2013, 01:57:40 AM »
Hello..

So afther speaking with agisoft, im start to prepare some video tutorials that explain for start all menus in pscan, later will put together all myknowlege on particular things, what to set for faster processing, what for images to shoot and few other things. Its will be propably free,or with some donations over paypal for my work for the ones that are satisfied with the knowlege inside..... so a my gift fro Agisoft team and community here......
----------------
www.mhb.sk

Mr_Curious

• View Profile
Re: Video Tutorials
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 03:36:34 AM »
This is awesome news!

Thank you for your effort.

Greetings,

Mr. Curious

janosch1234

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 03:27:14 PM »
Hi Wishgranter,

looking forward to these tutorials.
Are you planning a python-tutorial, too?

Thanks!
Jan

fpbv

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 04:27:14 PM »
Hi Wishgranter!

Great news.

I hope everything goes well.

Cheers.

andy_s

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 05:49:28 PM »
Good news Wishgranter [i'm a bit too old to use "awesome" :( ] - aside from that do you know where I can buy a brain chip insert so I can understand Object Oriented programing ?  ;) - I once tried to read a PHP book called "Objects Patterns and Practice" - never did get to the end...I suppose if you understand the maths behind Photogrammetry then OO is easy.

Wishgranter

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 07:00:25 PM »
Hello Andy, its more about understanding in principles, even multidisciplinary knowlege and many many tests with datasets...... Have read a lot, if not all whitepapers that were avaiable on net last few years ( from 2001-2 ). Videos will be related first to understand menus and its meaning what they do with data, then will go to deeper explanation of workflow and setups. My knowlege is lower in GIS, but have friends who has study it and hoping that people here will be able to explain it eventuely not in many words so everyone here will understand it...........     
----------------
www.mhb.sk

andy_s

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 12:19:30 AM »
I know this will take time a lot of effort Wishgranter - do you have any expectation of timescale ? thx...

Wishgranter

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2013, 12:59:12 AM »
Hmm hard to say, im have some paperwork of planning behind me, but it seem that im will go for 6 weeks out of my office, but will work on it, so my personal goal is to put it under 3 months, that mean in april want release it. But will try put here few things so you can corret me if im explaining it correctly and is easy to understand...... Im see it in finale as a community work....
----------------
www.mhb.sk

ajg-cal

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2013, 04:53:02 PM »
thanks wishgranter - in case it helps, this is what I use for making video tutorials:

1) install camstudio + lossless codec http://camstudio.org/
2) record with camstudio, ensuring lossless video compression method is selected
3) do a lossy compression with handbrake http://handbrake.fr/downloads.php

Wishgranter

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2013, 05:20:43 PM »
OK thanx, have some experience with it...... Im using Camtasia. Last question is where to put the results, probably it will be in Pscan Wiki.....
----------------
www.mhb.sk

andy_s

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2013, 07:53:58 PM »
I'll try and help any way that I can Wishgranter. Photoscan is a [major] component of a huge learning experience I need to undertake before I can make a living from this. I still need to do a lot of google research before buying a professional Agisoft license. In the meantime, if you need any English "language" translation / meaning help just drop me a message...