Forum

Author Topic: L16 camera  (Read 1241 times)

DaveM

• View Profile
L16 camera
« on: July 20, 2018, 11:04:04 AM »
Hi,

Does anyone have opinions on the new multi lens L16 camera as aplied through PS?

It claims to have some sort of 3D capacity, through merging all the images together.  Does that mean that the photographs would be altered so not usable by PS?

I was thinking that using this camera would use fewer camera positions and generate manay photgraphs to be used in PS.

On the other hand having a good camera and lens combination and care in selecting locations would give an optimum series of images for PS, rahter than a batch of random images from an L16 camera.

Any ideas?

Dave

Dave Martin

• View Profile
Re: L16 camera
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2018, 07:48:28 PM »
Hi,

Does anyone have opinions on the new multi lens L16 camera as aplied through PS?

It claims to have some sort of 3D capacity, through merging all the images together.  Does that mean that the photographs would be altered so not usable by PS?......

I strongly suspect you're right and the processing would reduce their value for photogrammetry. If they're claiming 3D then it would only be generated from a very small ocular separation so might give a '3D view' but very unlikely to be much use in generating a 3D model.

....I was thinking that using this camera would use fewer camera positions and generate manay photgraphs to be used in PS......

You need multiple shots of the surface to be reconstructed from different locations with convergent geometry and good overlap. This device might take multiple photographs at a time but they're from almost - but not quite - the same location so suspect the multiplicity would be (near) worthless.

Dave