Forum

Author Topic: Agisoft headscan setup idea with example  (Read 16625 times)

Mark Florquin

• The Holographer
    • View Profile
    • Mark Florquin
Agisoft headscan setup idea with example
« on: October 08, 2012, 03:00:19 AM »
Hi!

After experimenting with Kinect Scanning I'm back to Agisoft Photoscan!  ;D There's no texturing possible yet with Kinect and as a photographer, I like working with photographs to create 3D. I've build a 3D headscanner with a rotating arm attached to the ceiling. The camera is remotely controlled.

Enjoy! ;)

Mark

« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 12:43:13 PM by MaFl »
Mark Florquin - The Holographer. Website - 3D Store

FoodMan

• View Profile
Re: Back to Agisoft
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 08:38:01 AM »
hey this is very nice Mark :)

f/

Mark Florquin

• The Holographer
    • View Profile
    • Mark Florquin
Re: Back to Agisoft
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 02:20:19 PM »
Thanks Foodman! I really enjoy building new scanner setups and creating photorealistic 3D sculpts. There's something magical about waiting for a model to appear from just dots in the Agisoft window... :)
Mark Florquin - The Holographer. Website - 3D Store

FoodMan

• View Profile
Re: Agisoft headscan setup idea with example
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 05:10:19 PM »
hehe... absolutely  8)

eugene_fraxby

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 12:03:44 PM »
hi Mark, great results, similarly great stuff on your YouTube page too!
any chance of seeing a shot of your capture rig? thinking about building one of my own....

thanks

Adrian

andy_s

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 01:22:40 AM »
Lovely - and I 2nd your request Eugene !

I'm totally new to this but I have just read Erik Kjellman's thesis and I love it.

I especailly love "infinite's" website [thank you Lee - if things are good I want to live for ever, if things are bad i want to die before they go bad !].

So long as Microsoft/Google [goggles] etc have not inherited the earth by the end of 2013 we should all make him [Lee] the king of England, go round his place and ask for a cup of tea on his birthday [like Daniel O'Donnell in Ireland]  :)   

I don't yet know the relay config for a multi-camera setup but have asked a few suppliers for a quote on up to 150 cameras - so now need to rob a bank. I just wish I understood 3d matrix maths a bit better and was more an "artist" than a "low-level" technocrat - [I guess I need to know both !].

Not to worry - nothing that a 6 inch nail [and Lee or Mark] can't straighten out [for a reasonable consultation] - I hope !!

I want to buy Agisoft (professional) - but processing time is a big concern. I need to look at forum multi pc "network posts" and eventual cloud processing flow (if any).

Спасибо за все, что Алексей Pasumansky

By persuasion [but living in UK/N.Ireland] I'm a natural RT / Max Keiser / Russia / Communist supporter - so I love the fact that Agisoft are a "SUPERB" value Acute3d/Autodesk competitor - and based in the free world !

All this from someone who has trouble programming in Microsoft Office VBA and has only ever owned a mobile phone camera !! Happy New Year [ to the limited of good people out "there"]...

Shigekazu Ishihara

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 03:39:05 AM »
it blows me! new year surprise!!