Forum

Author Topic: Program lagging when adding lots of points and polylines  (Read 2198 times)

gto234

• View Profile
Program lagging when adding lots of points and polylines
« on: August 09, 2018, 09:38:18 PM »
Hi,
I have trial Photoscan Pro 1.4.0 for UAV mapping and after some testing I think it suits my needs.
My goal is to produce 3d models from drone pictures and also DEM-Orthophotos using accurate GCP's and then digitize breaklines and points in order to export them in CAD software.
The problem is that when I add lots of points (>500) and polylines the program lags badly. It even lags if just selecting a photo in photo pane. The 3d model is so slow that cannot be used for digitizing.
I have a rather old pc (AMD FX6300 8GB RAM nVidia GTX1050 2GB) but I don't think that this is the problem because If I remove all the shapes the lagging stops.
Are you aware of this problem and if so is it fixed in the latest builds?
I am on buying a licence but this problem is major drawback for my workflow.
Thanks in advance.

gto234

• View Profile
Re: Program lagging when adding lots of points and polylines
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2018, 08:36:07 PM »
Anyone please?

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2018, 02:13:44 PM »
Hello gto234,

Can you please send the exported shapes to support@agisoft.com, so that we could reproduce the problem? Or the project files data in PSX format structure (no need to include depth maps, dense cloud, mesh, orthomosaic).

Also please specify, which mode you are using Ortho or Model to view and draw the shapes?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

gto234

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2018, 04:53:07 PM »
I am using model to draw the shapes but if the points-polylines grow in number the lag happens also in ortho view. I'd say that the whole program becomes unresponsive. Even selecting a photo makes cpu work 100%.
I could send you the exported shapes but I did a test and importing them into the project shows the points as just dots without the little blue flag and the lagging stops.
I attach three pictures. The first is the clean model, the second is the model full of points-polylines and the third is the model with imported shapes.
I suggest you fill a model of yours with points-polylines and reproduce the problem. Maybe is my old pc, I don't know.
I could use another program (e.g. like VirtualSurveyor) to overcome this but i think Photoscan's digitizing works great if you could improve some things.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2018, 08:07:55 PM »
Hello gto234,

Thank you for providing the additional information.

Seems that the lagging is related to the big number of attached markers (there's an option allowing to use attached markers to the shape vertices). Marker's locations in 3D are being estimated according to their projections on the individual photos, so it seems to be  a reason of the slow down. We'll check what could be done in order to optimize the visual performance for the large number of markers.

As an alternative (if you are not adjusting attached marker's projections on the source images) you can disable "attach markers" feature in the Advanced preferences tab and use common shapes (like on the third screenshot). For each shape a label can be assigned, if necessary.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

gto234

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2018, 10:42:08 PM »
Thanks!
I will try your suggestion!

gto234

• View Profile