Forum

Author Topic: Move marker(s) re-do the workflow again ?  (Read 2925 times)

PROBERT1968

• Hello !
    • View Profile
Move marker(s) re-do the workflow again ?
« on: June 13, 2019, 12:51:36 AM »
Question that came across my mind..

So when I make any move on  one or more markers, do I need to go back and re-do the workflow again ?

Working on Aerial Photography

1.Build Dense cloud
2. Build Mesh
3. Build Texture
4. Build  DEM
5. Build Orthomosaic

If I am correct

Please say Yes or no when you respond me back..
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 05:37:40 PM by PROBERT1968 »

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Move marker(s) re-do the workflow again ?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 12:26:16 PM »
Hello PROBERT1968,

If you are modifying the projections of the markers used for the model georeferencing or their source coordinates in the Reference pane and would like to apply these changes, you should press Update button on the Reference pane, in this case you only need to rebuild DEM and Orthomosaic.

In case you are optimizing the alignment after any changes applied to the markers, you would need to rebuild the dense cloud, as it would be discarded during the optimization.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

PROBERT1968

• Hello !
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2019, 02:45:42 AM »
Let me be clear to you  Do you refer projections of the markers as projected coordinate system ? I am kind of confuse here

JMR

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2019, 11:56:34 AM »
No, PRobert, a projection is a marker instance in a photo. If you move one, and the optimize, everything in your project will change this any product of the previous status becomes obsolete and requires to be rebuilt. If you just update, then what changes is only the external orientation, thus all products also become obsolete but only in scale and position. Mesh and dense cloud can be updated to the new external orientation of the chunk, but DEM and ORTHO need to be rebuilt as 3D rotation and shift in the source data, changes it all inside those products and they cannot be just updated.
by the way, what't the use of building mesh and texture in your case? just curious
Regards

PROBERT1968

• Hello !
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2019, 05:24:34 PM »
So do you mean, JMR, that if I move a marker from A to B does not move the photo itself or just the marker ?

What I am trying to do when I export the orthomosaic to review and it doesn't line up right and I had to go back and move the marker again..

I am using the old aerial photos from 1938.

So if I move just one marker does it mean I have to rebuild it again from the Dense all the way to Orthomosaic ?

JMR

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2019, 08:04:38 PM »
A marker is a projection (2D) of a ground (3D) point on the image plane (the film or the image sensor). If you drag a marker in one or several photos from a to b and then you update, the entire project will chane a bit because the new projection forces the whole bundle block to shift, rotate and re-scale to best fit the new constraints in the solution.
So moving markers to line up an orto made of old photos with something (I guess with current ortho) is a bit of a weird approach. I would rather move or choose another ground point to pin the old photos to currently existing features... i mean it looks like you are trying to warp the orthomosaic rather than to do a seven parameters geometric transform (scale, rotation, translation).

PROBERT1968

• Hello !
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2019, 10:24:42 PM »
Thank you for explaining and that explains .

So in which way can I plot the markers into which tab such as Model ? , or Photo ? or Ortho ?

So I understand  that Model is the 3D while the Photo and Ortomosaic are in 2d projection .