Forum

Author Topic: Is the Magic Wand masking tool available in the Python API  (Read 2473 times)

mmacferrin

• View Profile
Is the Magic Wand masking tool available in the Python API
« on: October 17, 2019, 06:16:04 PM »
Hi, this question was asked a couple years back (https://www.agisoft.com/forum/index.php?topic=8165.msg39080#msg39080), but didn't get a response then, so I thought I'd try again.

I have several tens of thousands of photogrammetric images, each with a black (or nearly-black) collar on them, and I want to mask out the collar. The collar-edge locations are not identical between each image. The Magic Wand tool works beautifully to do this in the AgiSoft Photoscan Pro UI, but I can't find any documentation or evidence that the tool exists in the Python API. What I'd ideally like to do is:
  • Give it a numerical pixel location as the seed (same a clicking that pixel in the interface)
  • Create my mask for each image, and
  • Save the mask for each image.
...in the Python interface, without having to use the UI. If this is possible, let me know, otherwise I have to use various OpenCV tools that aren't nearly as intuitive or effective as what AgiSoft has in it. I have far too many photos to do this by hand with all of them.

My setup:
  • Agisoft Photoscan Pro 1.4.5 with the Python 3.5 back-end.
  • Ubuntu 18.04.3
Any help is appreciated!

- Mike

mmacferrin

• View Profile
Re: Is the Magic Wand masking tool available in the Python API
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2019, 01:04:25 AM »
Hello! Just bumping it, wondering if anyone knows, one way or the other, if this is available? Or, perhaps, the best alternatives?