Forum

Author Topic: ArcGIS integration  (Read 4577 times)

Kjellis85

• Archaeological field supervisor
    • View Profile
    • Contact information at University of Tromsø
ArcGIS integration
« on: September 12, 2018, 12:15:38 PM »
There is still no integration between PS and ArcGIS as far as I can see. I have tried asking about this before but haven't goten any clear answer regarding whether or not it is being developed or not. So in the mean time I was hoping that somebody had done some groundbreaking work on this, other than converting collada-models in ArcScene from lokal to UTM using model swap technique. Anyone working with ArcGIS Pro that have a sollution? Is there any way of converting vrml to GeoVRML for instance?

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: ArcGIS integration
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 02:44:22 PM »
Hello Kjellis85,

Which formats support is required from PhotoScan to provide data for smooth import to ArcGIS?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Kjellis85

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2018, 02:53:31 PM »
As far as I can see from ArcGIS Pro documentation, the only supported format with a defined coordinate system is GeoVRML. But I would perhaps suggest contacting ESRI directly to see if there is a better way of integrating services better, like what has been done with 4Dmapper and Sketchup. ESRI is heavy on cloud-services and could probably have some sort of integration directly in PS.

ChrisC

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2018, 05:35:34 PM »
I would be very interested in this also. My organization is heavily invested in ESRI and it would be a pretty huge deal to me to be able to better integrate our PhotoScan products into the ESRI ecosystem of products such as ArcScene.  So far I have been pretty frustrated trying to get my models to into ArcGIS in any way.

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2018, 07:32:01 PM »
In the version 1.4 there's a possibility to export tiled model in Scene Layer Package format (SLPK) that should be easy for ArcGIS import. The upcoming update (1.4.4 version) should also fix some minor issues with this export.

In case you are interested in testing, let me know and I'll send you a pre-release link to 1.4.4.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

ChrisC

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2018, 09:51:27 PM »
Thanks, I will give the SLPK format a try when I get a chance!

Kjellis85

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2018, 10:16:04 AM »
I tried the SLPK in ArcGIS Pro and all I got was a flat imagae with no apparent height. Tried the same in ArcGIS Online and I got it working, but the functionalities in Online isn't the best, so it is har for me to inspect properly. Looks promising though, and I will definitely test more. Could you send me link for 1.4.4 to see if it solves the issues with ArcGIS Pro?

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2018, 06:00:43 PM »
Latest 1.4.4 version is available here:
http://www.agisoft.com/downloads/installer/

Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC