Forum

Author Topic: Incorrect alignment problem  (Read 2643 times)

ChrisC

• View Profile
Incorrect alignment problem
« on: September 12, 2018, 06:04:44 PM »
Hello, please see the attached screen shot to see what I am trying to describe here. In terms of numbers of photos aligned I got great alignment, but unfortunately part of it is inaccurately aligned.

I am wondering what is causing part of the sparse cloud to get tilted at about a 90 degree angle from the rest of the cloud? This is an underwater seafloor and is very flat, so the whole thing should be flat.  Any ideas on how to fix this? 

The images were captured from an underwater video that was taken back in 2016, so there is no EXIF or any sort of lat/longs.  Unfortunately I could not find out the type of video camera used, but I think it was a GoPro.

--Chris

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Incorrect alignment problem
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 07:49:15 PM »
Hello Chris,

Such behavior can be related to low overlap between two parts of survey.

You can try to reset the alignment for one of these parts (leaving only correct part of alignment) and then use Align Selected Cameras option for the NA (Not Aligned) cameras.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

ChrisC

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2018, 09:26:59 PM »
Thanks, I will give that a try!

ChrisC

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2018, 04:50:30 PM »
Hello Chris,

Such behavior can be related to low overlap between two parts of survey.

You can try to reset the alignment for one of these parts (leaving only correct part of alignment) and then use Align Selected Cameras option for the NA (Not Aligned) cameras.

That worked perfectly. Thanks!