Forum

Author Topic: Scaling issue on output  (Read 1230 times)

Michael

• View Profile
Scaling issue on output
« on: September 14, 2018, 01:32:46 AM »
Hi all, I have a scaling issue when exporting a model. A target was included in the photos and I created a scale bar from that target. I input a know measurement and the error was 0. I then took some measurements of the object itself and photo scans estimate was correct so as far as I can see scaling looks to be correct. However when I supplied an STL and OBJ to an external and they opened it in three different types of software the model was consistently out by about 30%. Any ideas?
Thanks
Michael

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Scaling issue on output
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 08:30:51 PM »
Hello Michael,
It could be helpful, if you can provide the original project file in PSZ format (with the alignment results only and applied scale, so to reduce the file size you can just remove depth maps, dense cloud and decimate the mesh to low poly count) and the model that you have exported from PhotoScan.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Michael

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2018, 11:41:17 PM »
Hi Alexey, I tried to export an archive project but even after trimming all the data it was still 60mb well over the 750kb upload limit. Is there a way to remove the photos without loosing the scaling information or I can share directly if that works.
Thanks
Michael

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 07:30:04 PM »
Hello Michael,

You can send the download link via any file sharing service to us.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC