Forum

Author Topic: Turntable based Full body capture rig  (Read 59737 times)

Mark Florquin

• The Holographer
    • View Profile
    • Mark Florquin
Re: Turntable based Full body capture rig
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2014, 07:51:26 PM »
Using a turntable has manty advantages: Low cost, High quality, little space required, mobility (I took the setup to Iceland last year!).

Scanning lowers the treshold for becoming a 3D artist. It's easy to scan, you get the grips of 3D and before you know it, you're modelling, creating substances, animating, rendering. Like a pro ;)

Scanning is easy. It's how you transform the data that will set you apart from the masses... :)
Mark Florquin - The Holographer. Website - 3D Store

ekbmuts

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2016, 06:28:55 AM »
Mark,  At the risk of not getting an answer (your post is 3 months old now), I have one question:

How many exposures are you working with per camera?

I've been doing a similar thing but dollying around the person while they stand still.  I'm ending up with HUNDREDS of images, which take forever to pre-process (mask in photoshop) let alone put through Photoscan.  Seems like too many to me.

But I have nothing to compare to.

So - how many images per camera for one of your scans?

Thanks.

Jon

bcoyle

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2016, 10:38:22 PM »
That sounds right. I had a 5 camera setup with a motorized turntable and would roughly take 200 pictures total. The quick selection brush in Photoshop worked surprisingly well in quickly masking some shoots where I didn't setup a green screen.

ekbmuts

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2016, 07:03:36 AM »
Hey bcoyle,  Yeah, I've done a little more now, refined my procedure a bit and actually I don't think hundreds is too bad at all.

I think I'd rather have too many shots (and turn some off) than not enough.

Jon

JohnyJoe

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2023, 03:43:05 AM »
Hey bcoyle,  Yeah, I've done a little more now, refined my procedure a bit and actually I don't think hundreds is too bad at all.

I think I'd rather have too many shots (and turn some off) than not enough.

Jon

8 cameras or how many you use seem too little... How do you handle tha fact that the scanned model will move a bit during the scanning procedure...?

(and yes i know its an 7 year old thread :-) )....

Mark Florquin

• The Holographer
    • View Profile
    • Mark Florquin
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2023, 11:26:21 PM »
It can be done with 1 camera. All depends on how you pose the model. I teach a special breathing technique before scanning. Now that I have a full circle, yes after 7 years, more dynamic poses are finally possible. I'm looking forward to the next step: training ai with 3d models.
Mark Florquin - The Holographer. Website - 3D Store