Forum

Author Topic: Laptop suggestion  (Read 3406 times)

gto234

• View Profile
Laptop suggestion
« on: October 01, 2018, 10:21:59 PM »
Hi,
I am looking for a laptop which can be used to build photoscan models from UAV photos.
I have two options that fit my budget.
1) i7-7700HQ 2.8Ghz (4x2 core) with GTX 1060 6GB
2) i7-8750H 2.2Ghz(6x2 core) with GTX 1050Ti 4GB
The RAM in both cases will be 16GB DDR4
Which one is best for photoscan? Weaker CPU with better GPU or better CPU with weaker GPU?

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Laptop suggestion
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 02:00:33 PM »
Hello gto234,

I think that the first option may be better, as GTX 1060 should give considerable speed up for GPU-supported stages compared to GTX 1050 Ti configuration. However, with the laptop you should also check, if the cooling system is good enough in order to deal will near extreme workload on CPU and GPU during long time.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

gto234

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2018, 08:59:59 AM »
Thanks, the laptop will be used as a backup in case the main workstation have problems. Of course extra cooling will be used.
If a Stand-Alone license is bought can i use the photoscan in both pc and laptop? Not simultaneously of course.

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2018, 01:28:44 PM »
Hello gto234,

Node-locked license can be transferred from one computer to another, however, it requires license deactivation (via Help Menu -> Activate Product dialog).
See the related article:
https://agisoft.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000134012-how-to-move-transfer-a-photoscan-license-to-another-computer
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

JB

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2019, 06:58:04 PM »
Alexey,

What do we do if a laptop crashes?? We had two new laptops and installed Agisoft on both. One crashed and had to have windows fully reset, so all programs were wiped off the HD. Now I can't go in and deactivate the license and it won't let us re-use the original code. What should we do to activate the software??

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2019, 11:06:37 PM »
Hello JB,

Please send the e-mail to support@agisoft.com and describe this situation. Additionally, please specify the first section of the keys used and information regarding the license purchase (approx. date of purchasing, order number or reseller's name).
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC