Forum

Author Topic: Agisoft Metashape 1.5.0 pre-release  (Read 149316 times)

Paulo

• View Profile
Re: Agisoft Metashape 1.5.0 pre-release
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2018, 04:32:34 PM »
Dear Alexey,

with latest release, I retried orthorectifying with refine Seamlines options. It works now without setting the Fine level in Network options....

However it still does not give satisfying results with seam lines passing thru buildings (marked in red on screen shot).

Also, the OrthoMosaic was done on a small region (shown in model view).

However, the ortho shows an extent of 37928 by 25257 pix at 7cm/pix which does not correspond to the extent of region … It corresponds to full extent of model...

Attached is the log of processing. Note that
2018-10-14 07:58:31 Error: Connection closed (status code 0)
corresponds to attempt at sending Ortho task to Cloud processing after enabling it in Preferences....

« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 07:50:04 PM by Paulo »
Best Regards,
Paul Pelletier,
Surveyor

Mohammed

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2018, 11:57:52 PM »
Hi Alexey,

Thank you for the new update, Is there any improvement in the process time?
Also what does ''Estimate tie point covariance'' mean?
 Thanks
Mohammed

RHenriques

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2018, 01:05:56 AM »
Most times the "Refine Seamlines" option leads to holes in the orthomosaic while no holes appear if the option is switched off. Analysing seamlines from both options, it's notorious that a much better result is produced with this new option. Mosaic tends to be a lot better without too much jagged limits on objects. However if holes are produced, it will be a lot less interesting to use.

PS: Alexey and Dmitry, excuse my curiosity in advance :). Photoscan is now a mature Brand and a perfectly well known name among photogrammetry users. In every single congress or meeting, when we talk about Photoscan, everyone knows the product and the outstanding final results and features that it offers. Why this change for Metashape? I like this new brand a lot also but Photoscan was simply "familiar".
Cheers

Mohammed

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2018, 12:16:38 PM »

PS: Alexey and Dmitry, excuse my curiosity in advance :). Photoscan is now a mature Brand and a perfectly well known name among photogrammetry users. In every single congress or meeting, when we talk about Photoscan, everyone knows the product and the outstanding final results and features that it offers. Why this change for Metashape? I like this new brand a lot also but Photoscan was simply "familiar".
Cheers

Agree with you, photscan is very familiar to us.

Diego

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2018, 05:08:09 PM »

Cheers

I really do not agree, the real name of the Brand is AGISOFT, not PhotoScan, so welcome the change of name, the important thing is the AGISOFT Brand, in fact google also uses the name PhotoScan https://www.google.com/photos/scan/

Welcome the change :)

Mohammed

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2018, 09:57:55 PM »
Hi Alexey,

How can i activate ''Point cloud variance''?
Thanks

JRM

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2018, 10:31:54 AM »
You have to first calculate it by checking it in the optimizing dialog then it becomes available as a render mode for the sparse cloud.

Alexey > the refine seamline option doesn't seem to be multithreaded or using the gpu, is there a future evolution possible on this front ? I see a 10x increase in processing time when it is used.

SuperNewb

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2018, 12:05:11 AM »
Can we get some information about the auto classification being used?  I ran a quick dataset through it and recieved very poor results.  It seems strange to me that I am getting these results when I am using a very clean dataset. 
Photos have 90% overlap shot at 100m agl as 20mp.  I classified the dataset using the old tools in version 1.3 and was able to get very good results in a short period of time.  I was hoping that the autoclassification would at least get close, but my results are extremely bad.  Could I be missing something?  I should add that I am running the 1.5 pro beta as a demo right now.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2018, 07:16:26 PM »
with latest release, I retried orthorectifying with refine Seamlines options. It works now without setting the Fine level in Network options....

However it still does not give satisfying results with seam lines passing thru buildings (marked in red on screen shot).

Also, the OrthoMosaic was done on a small region (shown in model view).

However, the ortho shows an extent of 37928 by 25257 pix at 7cm/pix which does not correspond to the extent of region … It corresponds to full extent of model...
Hello Paulo,

Would it be possible to send the project files (alignment results + DTM + source images) that we can use for testing the seamlines refinement issue and extent problems? If so, please send the download link to support@agisoft.com and mention this thread in the message body.

As for the connection to the cloud problems, then is there a proxy server used on your side?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2018, 07:19:15 PM »
Most times the "Refine Seamlines" option leads to holes in the orthomosaic while no holes appear if the option is switched off. Analysing seamlines from both options, it's notorious that a much better result is produced with this new option. Mosaic tends to be a lot better without too much jagged limits on objects. However if holes are produced, it will be a lot less interesting to use.
Hello RHenriques,

If there's any sample set of images that can be used to reproduce the problems with the orthomosaic stitching (e.g. holes in the mosaic), please also send the data to support@agisoft.com, so that we could analyze the source of the issue and fix it.

Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2018, 07:21:15 PM »
Can we get some information about the auto classification being used?  I ran a quick dataset through it and recieved very poor results.  It seems strange to me that I am getting these results when I am using a very clean dataset. 
Photos have 90% overlap shot at 100m agl as 20mp.  I classified the dataset using the old tools in version 1.3 and was able to get very good results in a short period of time.  I was hoping that the autoclassification would at least get close, but my results are extremely bad.  Could I be missing something?  I should add that I am running the 1.5 pro beta as a demo right now.

Hello SuperNewb,

The new classification option is based on the machine learning, so if you are observing unsatisfying results, we would like to ask you to send the point cloud that you are working on to support@agisoft.com (just point cloud exported from the project will be fine, just keep the source coordinate system and point colors).
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

SuperNewb

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2018, 09:58:56 PM »

Hello SuperNewb,

The new classification option is based on the machine learning, so if you are observing unsatisfying results, we would like to ask you to send the point cloud that you are working on to support@agisoft.com (just point cloud exported from the project will be fine, just keep the source coordinate system and point colors).

Just sent the email with a link to download the dense point surface.
Thanks

zView

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2018, 11:53:05 AM »
When running in network mode "Refine Seamlines" consume 100% of the memory of each node and crash on "Bad Allocation". it doesn't happen on the same project using a single computer.

RHenriques

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2018, 11:54:21 AM »
Hello RHenriques,

If there's any sample set of images that can be used to reproduce the problems with the orthomosaic stitching (e.g. holes in the mosaic), please also send the data to support@agisoft.com, so that we could analyze the source of the issue and fix it.

Later today I'll send you one of the sets where I've identified this problem. Are  the pictures enough?

Cheers

zView

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2018, 12:32:36 PM »
Please make: "Reuse already created Orthorectified images" in the Orthomosaic menu in case that it fails the first time.