Forum

Author Topic: Agisoft Metashape 1.5.0 pre-release  (Read 150314 times)

bisenberger

• View Profile
    • Digital Mapping & Graphics
Re: Agisoft Metashape 1.5.0 pre-release
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2018, 07:36:09 PM »
How to install along side existing installation?

If I remember correctly, in the past the current installation could be moved to another location prior to installing the pre-release to have both installed. Is this still the case?
Digital Mapping & Graphics LLC
https://digital-mapping.net/

RHenriques

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2018, 01:30:14 AM »
Most times the "Refine Seamlines" option leads to holes in the orthomosaic while no holes appear if the option is switched off. Analysing seamlines from both options, it's notorious that a much better result is produced with this new option. Mosaic tends to be a lot better without too much jagged limits on objects. However if holes are produced, it will be a lot less interesting to use.
Hello RHenriques,

If there's any sample set of images that can be used to reproduce the problems with the orthomosaic stitching (e.g. holes in the mosaic), please also send the data to support@agisoft.com, so that we could analyze the source of the issue and fix it.

Hi Alexey

Just send the data.
Best Regards

RHenriques

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2018, 01:38:26 AM »
I would like to see a different font style to highlight the active chunk while using the "dark" theme interface option. In the "Classic" and "Light" options, the Bold black font is clearly visible in the white background. If  dark background is used, it's hard to see the white bold highlighted chunk. Probably a bold green, as the bars in the ongoing processes in this interface theme, should be better to see.
Best Regards
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 01:48:18 AM by RHenriques »

macsurveyr

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2018, 07:31:12 PM »
I submitted a crash report but wanted to provide additional information.

After optimizing and checking Estimate tie point covariance then switching to view Point cloud variance in the Model view - then selecting a camera in the Photos pane and Choosing Look Through will crash Metashape every time

Tom

RHenriques

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2018, 04:38:33 AM »
Hi Alexey

please test the data I've sent to support@agisoft.com, with highest settings in alignment and dense cloud both in 1.4.4 and 1.5.0 . With version 1.4.4 the dense point cloud  gets a lot better when compared to the 1.5.0 version. It's noticeable in areas where there are higher trees for instance. Where the previous version could get a good dense cloud, Metashape completely erases large areas, living big holes in data. I've just noticed now because I've started this same dataset from ground up in Metashape. To test the orthomosaic generation, from my last messages, I was using a project started in version 1.4.4.
Cheers

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2018, 04:11:58 PM »
How to install along side existing installation?

If I remember correctly, in the past the current installation could be moved to another location prior to installing the pre-release to have both installed. Is this still the case?
Hello Bill,

You can copy existing PhotoScan Pro installation to another directory and then install Metashape to the old location over the existing installation. Then to use old version run PhotoScan from the folder where to you have copied it previously.

The existing license will be valid both for PhotoScan 1.4 and Metashape 1.5.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2018, 04:12:42 PM »
I submitted a crash report but wanted to provide additional information.

After optimizing and checking Estimate tie point covariance then switching to view Point cloud variance in the Model view - then selecting a camera in the Photos pane and Choosing Look Through will crash Metashape every time
Hello Tom,

The issue with the Look Through will be fixed in the next pre-release update, thanks for reporting.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

bisenberger

• View Profile
    • Digital Mapping & Graphics
« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2018, 01:27:03 AM »
Thanks Alexey
Digital Mapping & Graphics LLC
https://digital-mapping.net/

engelbeck

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2018, 04:27:06 PM »
Can Metashape classify clouds in the sky and then not select that class to reconstruct a dense point cloud?

paw.wiacek

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2018, 05:15:50 PM »
Dear Alexey,

Did you make any changes to Rolling Shutter compensation?
I am asking because I have data set from fixed wing UAV (flying speed 20 m/s) with Sony a6000 and PPK receiver.

Previously I process this data with Agisoft 1.4.4 and get very good results (without GCP, with Rolling Shutter compensation ON).

With Metashape 1.5.0 I get unreasonable results after optimizing....

Regards,
Paweł

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2018, 06:02:11 PM »
Can Metashape classify clouds in the sky and then not select that class to reconstruct a dense point cloud?
Hello engelbeck,

Currently there's no special functionality that allows to detect and classify the noise in the air (for example, related to the clouds) in the dense point cloud.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2018, 06:03:41 PM »
Did you make any changes to Rolling Shutter compensation?
I am asking because I have data set from fixed wing UAV (flying speed 20 m/s) with Sony a6000 and PPK receiver.

Previously I process this data with Agisoft 1.4.4 and get very good results (without GCP, with Rolling Shutter compensation ON).

With Metashape 1.5.0 I get unreasonable results after optimizing....
Hello Paweł,

Can you send both projects saved after or prior to the optimization in 1.4.4 and 1.5.0 versions to support@agisoft.com?

Also please specify, if in both cases you are aligning the cameras without rolling-shutter compensation and are enabling it only prior to the optimization step.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

james_AU

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2018, 12:54:45 AM »
Hi Alexey,

I have been trying to conduct some tests with cloud processing. I put my laptop to sleep whilst processing of a dense cloud was taking place. Should one always disconnect in the dialog box when cloud processing is is progress?
When I opened it again some time later, I received an error message saying "timeout" (sorry, no screenshot). Then I closed the reopened Metashape, opened the project. Then i tried to run cloud processing of the dense cloud again. Then I receive the error message that "Project is busy in another processing". Can one reconnect manually using the console? Or even cancel the job? Presumably it is possible. Does one need to install the Python module provided  first (NB operating on MacOS Sierra)?

Update: now I seem to be able to start the dense cloud processing again. However was the problem caused by operation, or by something to do with the syncing on Amazon EC2 system (reading the terms and conditions, and making some deductions, I assume that processing is occurring on their Elastic GPUs?).

Despite the teething issues, thanks for letting us test drive the new system - and also allowing us to continue using  PhotoScan Pro in case we find we need stability.

Kind regards,

James
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 01:53:31 AM by james_AU »

james_AU

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 31, 2018, 09:36:54 AM »
Hi,
Me again... Has anyone come across the following problem during export of the model:
When I try to set the co-ordinate system from local to any other projection, Metashape becomes unresponsive and I have to force quit.
Regards,
James

khedar

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 31, 2018, 09:24:18 PM »
Hi,
   While using the python module in standalone mode I have the following error:

Code: [Select]

Python 3.6.6 (default, Sep 12 2018, 18:26:19)
[GCC 8.0.1 20180414 (experimental) [trunk revision 259383]] on linux
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> import Metashape
>>> doc = Metashape.app.document
>>> doc.open("benchmark2.psz")
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'open'
>>> print(doc)
None

Basically The doc object is a None type and hence i am unable to do anything with this doc object.

Regards,
khedar