Forum

Author Topic: Agisoft Metashape 1.5.0 pre-release  (Read 149298 times)

Mak11

• View Profile
Re: Agisoft Metashape 1.5.0 pre-release
« Reply #75 on: November 06, 2018, 06:53:22 PM »
Using latest radeon drivers works now,thanks.

A bunch of problems came up.
- Playing a youtube video simultaneous with align photos. Alignment stops in the moment of starting the  youtube video. Error messge is something like cl device memory...
- Playing a youtube video simultaneous with Build Densecloud. System freezes, black screen after a while, screen comes back, metashape has a blank white screen.

regards

Yes streaming videos in the browser seems to crash the GPU drivers when a high compute load in being processed.

Mak

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 06, 2018, 07:20:35 PM »
yes I tried on a reduced region with Fine Level Task Distribution option for Build Tiled Model checked and it worked….

see attached screen capture and reduced log file….

Just tried to redo Tiled Model on full data set from depth Maps but with Tile size of 512 and get Error : No samples in region

See attached log_TiledModel_tilesize.txt

What is this error meant?
Hello Paulo,

Thank you for additional information. Seems that we were able to reproduce the issue on some similar datasets, so hopefully the fix will be included in the next pre-release update. As a workaround I can suggest to try building the complete mesh from the depth maps and then generate the tiled model from the mesh.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 06, 2018, 07:22:32 PM »
- Playing a youtube video simultaneous with align photos. Alignment stops in the moment of starting the  youtube video. Error messge is something like cl device memory...
- Playing a youtube video simultaneous with Build Densecloud. System freezes, black screen after a while, screen comes back, metashape has a blank white screen.

Hello RouvenMiller,

Which Internet browser are you using and whether the hardware GPU acceleration is enabled in the browser settings?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Mak11

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 06, 2018, 07:33:26 PM »

Hello RouvenMiller,

Which Internet browser are you using and whether the hardware GPU acceleration is enabled in the browser settings?

In my case using Edge (which is GPU accelerated) and only happens randomly when there's a super high GPU load. (GPU is Radeon Fury X). But frankly this isn't that big of an issue. Seems like lowering the GPU clock may help.

RouvenMiller

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 06, 2018, 07:54:21 PM »
I use Opera which has hardware acceleration on by default.

james_AU

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 07, 2018, 12:45:22 PM »

can one only have one project processing in the cloud at a time.

Hello James,

Thank you for the detailed feedback, it is really useful for us.

It is possible to process several projects in Cloud at the same time, but it's impossible to have several processes of the same project at the same time.

Hi,

Further to the quoted sections above, I believe I may have encountered another bug that needs some attention. I note Zakhar's previous reply and can successfully process more than one project in the cloud. However, when one has more than 1 project processing in the cloud, one cannot download any projects that have finished processing until all have finished. Irrespective of whether you open one or the other project, the progress bar for the last process started is always the one displayed. I knew and could see that the other project had finished processing by looking in my agisoft cloud account. Once all processing had finished, I could download all the files by opening them in Metashape in the expected manner. Perhaps by running a line of code in the python console, one might be able to force this to happen, but I haven't tried that yet.

Allowing things to take their course appears to be important due to the syncing. If syncing or upload interrupted (can also occur due to network failures), or conflicting commands are sent (starting another process, cancelling a process, because one hasn't realised the above issue when processing multiple projects, etc), I have experienced the situation on more than one occasion that you loose all your work on the project. Saving things like masks and markers has therefore become more necessary at present than was the case before.

Regards,

James
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 12:48:05 PM by james_AU »

Zakhar

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 07, 2018, 03:42:15 PM »

can one only have one project processing in the cloud at a time.

Hello James,

Thank you for the detailed feedback, it is really useful for us.

It is possible to process several projects in Cloud at the same time, but it's impossible to have several processes of the same project at the same time.

Further to the quoted sections above, I believe I may have encountered another bug that needs some attention. I note Zakhar's previous reply and can successfully process more than one project in the cloud. However, when one has more than 1 project processing in the cloud, one cannot download any projects that have finished processing until all have finished. Irrespective of whether you open one or the other project, the progress bar for the last process started is always the one displayed. I knew and could see that the other project had finished processing by looking in my agisoft cloud account. Once all processing had finished, I could download all the files by opening them in Metashape in the expected manner. Perhaps by running a line of code in the python console, one might be able to force this to happen, but I haven't tried that yet.

Hello James,

Thank you for the information.

We have investigated this issue and found out the cause of the problem. The fix will be included in the next pre-release update.
Best regards,
Zakhar Petrov,
AgiSoft LLC

james_AU

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 07, 2018, 03:44:53 PM »
Hi Zakhar,

Super  :). Many thanks!!

james_AU

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 08, 2018, 02:18:00 PM »
Hi Zakhar

I wonder if there might also be an issue with connecting to the project when switching between wireless and the wired ethernet when these mean there is a switch of IP address?

If I: start a process using the ethernet, then disconnect and close Metashape and then, at a later point in time, try to connect over the wireless network, I find that the connection times out. The project then reverts to whatever is stored locally.  One is then  unable to connect to the cloud process and sync to the file located there once it has finished. The only option left is then to delete the project and start again, and then check back online on my account page to see if the process has completed. When it is completed, one can connect the ethernet and everything syncs as it should.

Much of the traffic I generate originates from the Danish e-Infrastructure Collaboration 'researcher network'. The wireless connection is over eduroam. Could the problem be something to do with a change in the IP address of the instance? (Amazon specify that regions must be set for instances, but I am not sure if the system would discriminate between eduroam and ethernet traffic from the same institution. I have not systematically tested the issue enough to see if the same fault occurs when changing from working from home and / or another business premises.

And another thing....the issue has already been mentioned here of 'status bad_alloc'. I appreciate that the models with a large number of cameras and with strong geometry pose the greatest demands on the memory in the model creation stage. In the forthcoming payment plans, will be be able to run on the higher capacity G3 instances.

An alternative to this issue would be to able to move the light source in the dense cloud classes mode. Agisoft oc3 format can only be opened in a limited number of applications, but the speed of Metashape's ability to handle very large point clouds is admirable. It is a pity that we cannot harness that potential a little more. With the ability to create bigger and bigger models, this will become a more important issue over time.

Regards,

James

johnhalifax

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 08, 2018, 04:02:25 PM »
I've registered but there are no instructions can anyone tell me how I get started?

Zakhar

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 08, 2018, 09:52:45 PM »
I wonder if there might also be an issue with connecting to the project when switching between wireless and the wired ethernet when these mean there is a switch of IP address?

If I: start a process using the ethernet, then disconnect and close Metashape and then, at a later point in time, try to connect over the wireless network, I find that the connection times out. The project then reverts to whatever is stored locally.  One is then  unable to connect to the cloud process and sync to the file located there once it has finished. The only option left is then to delete the project and start again, and then check back online on my account page to see if the process has completed. When it is completed, one can connect the ethernet and everything syncs as it should.

Much of the traffic I generate originates from the Danish e-Infrastructure Collaboration 'researcher network'. The wireless connection is over eduroam. Could the problem be something to do with a change in the IP address of the instance? (Amazon specify that regions must be set for instances, but I am not sure if the system would discriminate between eduroam and ethernet traffic from the same institution. I have not systematically tested the issue enough to see if the same fault occurs when changing from working from home and / or another business premises.

And another thing....the issue has already been mentioned here of 'status bad_alloc'. I appreciate that the models with a large number of cameras and with strong geometry pose the greatest demands on the memory in the model creation stage. In the forthcoming payment plans, will be be able to run on the higher capacity G3 instances.

Hello James,

Cloud API has a static public IP so it doesn't change. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with eduroam, but it seems there is no access to Cloud IP address over the eduroam wireless network.

Changing a network interface can interrupt current connection and it can be a problem for Metashape while cloud processing. To restore the connection after network errors occur, you can close and reopen the project (it's not a user-friendly solution but we are working on it).

As for bad_alloc issue, we are going to increase the amount of RAM on our processing instances.
Best regards,
Zakhar Petrov,
AgiSoft LLC

Zakhar

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 09, 2018, 11:10:31 AM »
I've registered but there are no instructions can anyone tell me how I get started?

Hello John,

Unfortunately there is no tutorial for cloud processing yet.

There is an Alexey's post about Cloud in this topic:

Technically the cloud processing is similar to the network processing - you enable the Cloud in the Network preferences dialog, then open the project and configure the batch process or run some processing operation. After that (if the operation supports processing on a cloud, for example, the export can be performed locally only) you'll be asked, if the operation should be processed in the cloud. Providing that you accept that, the data will be first synchronized with the cloud and then processed with the user-defined settings. After the operation is completed the project will be synchronized with the cloud again.
You do not need to have Metashape GUI opened while the cloud processing is in progress, but in order to synchronize the project with the cloud you need to open the same project in GUI again.

In terms of the processing time - it is hard to say, as some time will be spent for the data synchronization and it could be quite long in case of very large projects. So mostly this feature would might be helpful for those who cannot process the data locally due to hardware limitations.

Currently the cloud is working in test mode and is free for the Professional license owners. However, after the testing is finished the cloud processing would be likely converted to paid service with the plans configurable in the user's account on the Agisoft Cloud page.

You can set it up using Metashape menu Tools -> Preferences. In the bottom of Network tab you should enable cloud processing and fill Email and Password fields.
Best regards,
Zakhar Petrov,
AgiSoft LLC

Mak11

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 10, 2018, 11:26:04 PM »
Quick comment regarding this note in the change log of 1.5.0 7125

" Optimized image matching performance with Generic preselection in case of large overlap."

What exactly happened ? My alignement times are now literally 50%-85% SHORTER than before! Let's say that I'm really pleased and surprised (i7 6700K with a Radeon Fury X).

The longest one went from 40 minutes to 7 minutes now.

Good job

Mak
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 11:27:56 PM by Mak11 »

stephan

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 12, 2018, 04:06:25 PM »
Quick question: I have been playing with the Metashape pre-release and it seems like the
Code: [Select]
Camera metadata {'Image/Quality': '1.11526'} attribute is no longer stored as a float data format, is this correct?

stephan

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 12, 2018, 04:10:23 PM »
Quick question: I have been playing with the Metashape pre-release and it seems like the
Code: [Select]
Camera metadata {'Image/Quality': '1.11526'} attribute is no longer stored as a float data format, is this correct?

Nope, sorry my bad - I was executing some old code because I screwed up in Git :-p