Forum

Author Topic: Agisoft Metashape 1.5.0 pre-release  (Read 149303 times)

james_AU

• View Profile
Re: Agisoft Metashape 1.5.0 pre-release
« Reply #90 on: November 13, 2018, 12:08:59 PM »
Hi Zakhar,

Another small problem. See attached screenshot of error message. The model has finished processing according to the agisoft cloud account page, but when trying to download the completed product, all I get so far is the attached error message.

How does one go about retrieving the project in such a circumstance? (though I note your previous comment that Agisoft are working on the interface).

Update: after a couple of hours, it has finally worked. Is there a manual way of forcing the action, or is one simply required to wait patiently.?

I note that Agisoft have transferred me over to more powerful server instances. Great!  :) Thank you. The difference of additional RAM and another GPU is already noticeable.

Kind regards,

James
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 12:18:56 PM by james_AU »

Zakhar

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 13, 2018, 12:28:03 PM »
Hi Zakhar,

Another small problem. See attached screenshot of error message. The model has finished processing according to the agisoft cloud account page, but when trying to download the completed product, all I get so far is the attached error message.

How does one go about retrieving the project in such a circumstance? (though I note your previous comment that Agisoft are working on the interface).

Update: after a couple of hours, it has finally worked. Is there a manual way of forcing the action, or is one simply required to wait patiently.?

James

Hi James,

Thank you for your feedback. We have just fixed this issue.
Best regards,
Zakhar Petrov,
AgiSoft LLC

RHenriques

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 13, 2018, 06:33:40 PM »
Generating mesh from depth maps always end up with error. Sometimes, if we use low settings, it comes up with "Empty mesh". If higher options are used, for instance Quality: Medium; Face Count: Medium, the following error appears "Can't allocate 922013696 bytes, because max allocation size is 536870912!".
Cheers

Mak11

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 13, 2018, 06:40:28 PM »
Hi  there,
Is there a change log for build 1.5.0 build 7156 ?

Regards

Mak

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 13, 2018, 07:37:03 PM »
Generating mesh from depth maps always end up with error. Sometimes, if we use low settings, it comes up with "Empty mesh". If higher options are used, for instance Quality: Medium; Face Count: Medium, the following error appears "Can't allocate 922013696 bytes, because max allocation size is 536870912!".

Hello RHenriques,

Are you using the latest build? Also if possible, please provide the processing log related to the operation and describe the project type you are working on.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 13, 2018, 07:38:06 PM »
Hi  there,

Hello Mak,

Mostly bug fixes, some of them related to cloud processing, as per James report on the previous pages.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Mak11

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 13, 2018, 07:56:36 PM »
Hi  there,

Hello Mak,

Mostly bug fixes, some of them related to cloud processing, as per James report on the previous pages.

Alexey,

Thanks for the info!
Hopefully you guys are able to figure out the issues I reported alongside the .pz projects I provided to you (texturing issue & Metashape crash).

Cheers

Mak

Gelisob

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 13, 2018, 10:56:41 PM »
Excuse me, who is the designer or user who feels like having menu buttons with no colors a better way of doing things? So that you cant even easily discern is the option grayed out or not selected?
Could you send that designer in here to explain to everyone, why is it a good idea to not use our ability to discern color to speed have better and faster understanding and reference to remember items and buttons?

Windows 10 did this crap too, go to settings and see ALL icons being same blue.. does that improve the user experience for anyone? I do not think so.

Please introduce colors back to the menus and use the gray when the item is not selectable, thank you.

james_AU

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 13, 2018, 11:07:26 PM »
Hi Alexey & Zakhar,

Just downloaded the new installer for Metashape... including the bug fixes  :) :).

Tried opening up to download a completed project in the cloud... and encountered the error message attached. Is it correct that Metashape needs to use OpenSSL for cloud processing?

I see that Apple have stopped shipping OpenSSL around 2015. Therefore, I have tried installing it manually. The correct results are returned in Terminal, but the same error message is returned in Metashape. I tried deactivating Metashape, deleting the old copy and emptying the trash, followed by restarting, downloading Metashape and reactivating it. I was not successful. So before I try again installing Open SSL, I thought I should check back with you guys.

Like an idiot, I didn't take a copy of the previous installer, in order to carry on working. But I guessed any problems arising will be solved, given how admirably quick your response times are.

Regards,

James

Update: According to terminal, I have managed to install and can run OpenSSL 1.0.2. Could I hazard a  guess that Metashape is not searching the "usual" places when it checks for version?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 04:20:12 PM by james_AU »

jnb

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 14, 2018, 12:41:03 PM »
Hi,

I also have an issue with cloud processing on the new version : when I tried to upload a new project, terminal returned a "can't write" message.

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 14, 2018, 06:59:42 PM »
Tried opening up to download a completed project in the cloud... and encountered the error message attached. Is it correct that Metashape needs to use OpenSSL for cloud processing?
Hello James,

Than you for reporting.

We will publish the pre-release update in a few days that would properly work with default Mac OS X installation without a need of OpenSSL. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Zakhar

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 16, 2018, 11:49:39 AM »
Hi,

I also have an issue with cloud processing on the new version : when I tried to upload a new project, terminal returned a "can't write" message.

Hello jnb,

Thank you for reporting this issue. But unfortunately we couldn't reproduce it. The cause of this problem can be an unreliable Internet connection. Nevertheless we have increased some timeouts on server-side, so it could help.

Could you please try again?
Best regards,
Zakhar Petrov,
AgiSoft LLC

jnb

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 16, 2018, 12:23:17 PM »
Hi Zakhar,

Working now ! Nothing has changed on my side, so maybe increasing the timeouts did the trick.

Mohammed

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 16, 2018, 10:03:36 PM »
Dear Agisoft team,

Can i ask where can i found Use strict volumetric masking in the new version 1.5.0? it's not exist in the workflow--build mesh

Best
Mohammed
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 10:56:25 PM by Mohammed »

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 17, 2018, 02:29:37 PM »
Hello Mohammed,

New meshing method will include strict volumetric masks in the final release as well as vertex colors option.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC