Forum

Author Topic: Agisoft Metashape 1.5.0 pre-release  (Read 149302 times)

Mohammed

• View Profile
Re: Agisoft Metashape 1.5.0 pre-release
« Reply #105 on: November 17, 2018, 05:42:37 PM »
Dear Alexey,
Is it possible to add a tutorial in your blog about how to use build Orthomosaic (cylinder projection) for semi cylinder or quarter cylinder objects/ceiling it's still bit difficult for me to understand, i can provide you a data set if you need.
Thanks
Mohammed

Mohammed

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 17, 2018, 06:29:29 PM »
Hi,

What Optimize coverage does in the tool menu?

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 18, 2018, 03:43:04 PM »
Is it possible to add a tutorial in your blog about how to use build Orthomosaic (cylinder projection) for semi cylinder or quarter cylinder objects/ceiling it's still bit difficult for me to understand, i can provide you a data set if you need.
Hello Mohammed,

If you can send the sample image set that can be used to create the text tutorial, please provide the link to download to support@agisoft.com.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 18, 2018, 03:46:44 PM »
What Optimize coverage does in the tool menu?
Optimize coverage is a new experimental feature that allows to disable the images that result in excessive overlap. Currently it requires to have the alignment and at least rough mesh model. The input value defines the target number of cameras that should be left enabled from the complete set.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Paulo

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 18, 2018, 07:56:35 PM »
Alexey,

regarding Optimize Coverage command, i tried on a data set. I first created a mesh from sparse point cloud and then ran Optimize Coverage.

It ran and added 182 cameras out of 364 but then gave error No texture… see attached log file...and screen capture

Why should the texture be present for command to run?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 07:59:19 PM by Paulo »
Best Regards,
Paul Pelletier,
Surveyor

Phogi

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 19, 2018, 09:52:45 AM »
Hi Alexey,

Thanks for the great work, I just tried the auto-classification function, and I have two questions to report:

(1) After the autoclassification, I can't reset the classification. However if I continue used "Classify Ground Points" the point clouds will be classified based on the "ground point" classes.

(2)  Some ground in "Classify points" were clasified into building, since it is based on machine learning, would it be possible to adjust any parameters or it is all default set? Also the time is much longer than previous tool, I got 52.7595 min vs 6.750816667 mins.

Thanks,
Kind regards

james_AU

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 19, 2018, 01:50:22 PM »
Tried opening up to download a completed project in the cloud... and encountered the error message attached. Is it correct that Metashape needs to use OpenSSL for cloud processing?
Hello James,

Than you for reporting.

We will publish the pre-release update in a few days that would properly work with default Mac OS X installation without a need of OpenSSL. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi Alexey,

Whilst I do not wish to sound impatient... I was wondering if you could give an update on the progress of the forthcoming update to fix this particular issue?

Kind regards,

James

bisenberger

• View Profile
    • Digital Mapping & Graphics
« Reply #112 on: November 19, 2018, 05:32:13 PM »
Alexey,

regarding Optimize Coverage command, i tried on a data set. I first created a mesh from sparse point cloud and then ran Optimize Coverage.

It ran and added 182 cameras out of 364 but then gave error No texture… see attached log file...and screen capture

Why should the texture be present for command to run?

Same thing happened to me. I ran it with automatic for the Max. cameras option.

I textured the model and ran it again, and it worked.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 05:49:33 PM by bisenberger »
Digital Mapping & Graphics LLC
https://digital-mapping.net/

RHenriques

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 19, 2018, 06:18:31 PM »
Metashape tends to give, consistently, poor results both in Dense Point Cloud and Mesh. Things get worst when perfect conditions in photographies are not possible. Here are the results from a table terrain model with photos taken in low light conditions with an iPhone 7 Plus. Comparison between Photoscan (Latest version) and Metashape (latest beta). Diferences are impressive. The parameters are exactly the same in both packages.
Cheers

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 19, 2018, 06:37:14 PM »
The issue with the "no texture" message should be fixed for Optimize Coverage command in the latest pre-release update (build 7205). No texture is required, only mesh model.

The problem with the OpenSSL message on Mac OS X related to cloud computing should be fixed in this version as well.

Also the possible crashing of the new meshing method reported by Mak11 should be fixed in the latest update.

Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 19, 2018, 06:41:04 PM »
I just tried the auto-classification function, and I have two questions to report:

(1) After the autoclassification, I can't reset the classification. However if I continue used "Classify Ground Points" the point clouds will be classified based on the "ground point" classes.

(2)  Some ground in "Classify points" were clasified into building, since it is based on machine learning, would it be possible to adjust any parameters or it is all default set? Also the time is much longer than previous tool, I got 52.7595 min vs 6.750816667 mins.
Hello Phogi,

Can you send the dense cloud in one of the formats that are supported for import in Metashape 1.5.0 to support@agisoft.com?

Currently there are no parameters for the new Classify Points feature. We can, however, improve the classificator by extending the source set of the dense clouds. Ideally we would accept already manually classified dense clouds for the common projects and would include them to the learning procedure. But also some examples of unacceptable results could be provided for our consideration.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 19, 2018, 06:43:45 PM »
Metashape tends to give, consistently, poor results both in Dense Point Cloud and Mesh. Things get worst when perfect conditions in photographies are not possible. Here are the results from a table terrain model with photos taken in low light conditions with an iPhone 7 Plus. Comparison between Photoscan (Latest version) and Metashape (latest beta). Diferences are impressive. The parameters are exactly the same in both packages.

Hello RHenriques,

Can you provide the reports from these two projects and, if possible, the processing logs?

I also see that there is different numbers of tie points in the projects, which means that the dense cloud reconstruction is based on different alignment.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Mak11

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 19, 2018, 06:46:44 PM »
Cheers

I've encountered exactly the same issue with one of my data sets but can't remember which one right now. If you look at the depth maps in MetaShape you notice right away that there's a problem. There seems to be a bug messing up the depth maps generation process.

Mak

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 19, 2018, 06:47:56 PM »
If there's any sample image set that can be used to reproduce the depth maps / dense cloud difference between the versions 1.4.4 and 1.5.0, please send them to support@agisoft.com.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Mak11

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 19, 2018, 06:54:29 PM »
If there's any sample image set that can be used to reproduce the depth maps / dense cloud difference between the versions 1.4.4 and 1.5.0, please send them to support@agisoft.com.

Now I remember which one it was. Wasn't mine but it's a super crappy set of photos with major noise because of high ISO value. Doesn't seem to be a problem in Photoscan but Metashep simply couldn't correctly generate the depth maps. So maybe look into datasets with high ISO value to try to replicate the bug? I won't be able to send you the dataset until Thursday.

Cheers

Mak