Forum

Author Topic: Agisoft Metashape 1.5.0 pre-release  (Read 149322 times)

bisenberger

• View Profile
    • Digital Mapping & Graphics
Re: Agisoft Metashape 1.5.0 pre-release
« Reply #135 on: November 26, 2018, 06:44:31 PM »
What Optimize coverage does in the tool menu?
Optimize coverage is a new experimental feature that allows to disable the images that result in excessive overlap. Currently it requires to have the alignment and at least rough mesh model. The input value defines the target number of cameras that should be left enabled from the complete set.

This will be very useful for Kite Aerial Photography (KAP)!  :)
Digital Mapping & Graphics LLC
https://digital-mapping.net/

Liesenfeld-Vermessung

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 29, 2018, 09:43:15 AM »
Hello,

i don't know, if it is intended to work in this way, but when i draw a polygon in my DEM an define it as outer boundary, i calculate a volume A.

Now i draw another polygon inside my outer boundary and define it as inner boundary, to calculate a volume B. I'd think, that Metashape ignores everything inside the inner boundary and triangulates everythink between the outer boundary and the inner boundary plus the "flat" inner boundary (big triangles from inner boundary to the other side of the same boundary while ignoring everything inside. But the result seems to be exactly the same:

The way i'd expect the calculation to work is something like this:

Best regards
Thomas
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 10:00:22 AM by Liesenfeld-Vermessung »

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 29, 2018, 03:07:22 PM »
Hello Thomas,

Inner and Outer boundary type is meant to be applied only for the export operations. These types are not considered for the area and volume calculation. If the measurements are applied to the group of selected shapes, in the Measure dialog the sum across all the shapes will be shown for perimeter, area and volume.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Liesenfeld-Vermessung

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 29, 2018, 05:26:22 PM »
Hello Alexey,

in this case, please see my post as a feature request!

Maybe you want to remove parking cars, trees and bushes or some containers, before calculating the volume. If i do this with a mesh, i have to create one first, then delete all the unwanted objects and in the last step, i have to close the holes again, before being able to calculate the volume.

Using vector shapes, this would be much easier and faster!

Best regards
Thomas
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 05:34:02 PM by Liesenfeld-Vermessung »

BobvdMeij

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 30, 2018, 09:58:44 AM »
Hello Alexey,

in this case, please see my post as a feature request!

Maybe you want to remove parking cars, trees and bushes or some containers, before calculating the volume. If i do this with a mesh, i have to create one first, then delete all the unwanted objects and in the last step, i have to close the holes again, before being able to calculate the volume.

Using vector shapes, this would be much easier and faster!

Best regards
Thomas

Have you considered classifying the dense cloud prior to generation of a DEM/Mesh? You can either classify the densecloud manually by means of extracting desired points using polygon drawing and subsequently reclassifying the said selection to a desired non-ground class. Alternatively you can play around with the Automatic Classification parameters found under Tools and let the software come up with a reclassified pointcloud with respect to ground and non-ground points.

Once you're happy with the resultant classification you can follow-up with generating of the DEM or Mesh. In the settings screen for both you can define Dense Cloud as a source surface, besides allowing you to define the pointcloud classes on which you would like to products to be generated. When only activating the Ground class you should end up with a DEM/Mesh that closely approximates the actual ground surface of the terrain, provided your classification was done correctly.

Liesenfeld-Vermessung

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 30, 2018, 02:57:16 PM »
Yes I have. Areas that I definitely do not need, I mask even before I align the cameras (areas with people, parking cars, ...), so that they do not even appear in the 3D model. But there are also areas that I have to "hide" (with a polygon) temporarily (trees for a mass calculation for example) and then "unhide" (deleting the polygon) in later to export a DEM (with the trees), which serves as the basis for a more detailed overflight (mission planning). There, i want to have all obstacles to be exported. Of course, your suggestion would work, but it would cost a lot more time than drawing just a polygon around the spot.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 02:59:20 PM by Liesenfeld-Vermessung »

RouvenMiller

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 01, 2018, 10:32:12 PM »
Hello,

I would like to ask here for a feature request.
We have no ability to export the depthmaps -> normal maps via Batch process. I would really welcome that feature.

regards

stephan

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 10, 2018, 07:23:23 PM »
Has anyone experimented with using the standalone python version in a docker / containerized environment?

RHenriques

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 11, 2018, 01:31:01 AM »
What is exactly "Added an option to fix a subset of calibration parameters.".

FOSI

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 11, 2018, 02:02:30 PM »
Updated to version 1.5.0 build 7336

Whats the changelog for this version?

RHenriques

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 11, 2018, 03:29:49 PM »
Hi FOSI. Change log is in the downloads page.

After testing this beta with two projects, it's clear that the quality of the dense cloud is again, at least, on pair with PS 1.4.4. In two projects that I've compared the overall quality is quite good for the chosen filtering parameters.
The only drawback that I've noticed is the Optimize Coverage feature. I've tested in a 750 cameras project, from a UAV survey, and it seems to "over optimize" a little bit. The model was based on 375 photos and ended up with lots of holes, clearly related with lack of coverage.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 03:41:22 PM by RHenriques »

Mak11

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 11, 2018, 03:45:38 PM »
There's a bug in Build 7336 when using the new Mesh generation method and the calculate Vertex Colors toggle (which was introduced in this build).

During the "Extracting Surface" and vertex colors generation phase the following error messages appear in the console:

"Error: Image and depth map size mismatch! 4000x4000 and 4000x6000". <---which is obviously false btw.

It doesn't prevent the process from finishing but the vertex colors are not generated (the model is black).

Regards

Mak

« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 04:01:01 PM by Mak11 »

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 11, 2018, 07:21:27 PM »
Hello Mak,

Thank you for reporting.

I was able to reproduce the problem with the vertex colors similar to yours by working with the dataset where the image width is shorter than image height, hope to find the source of the issue as soon as possible and update the pre-release. I assume that working with the datasets with landscape image proportions wouldn't rise this error.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Paulo

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 11, 2018, 07:24:23 PM »
What is exactly "Added an option to fix a subset of calibration parameters.".

I would like to reiterate that more clarity, explanation will be appreciated on the use and difference in Fixed parameters and photo invariant parameters in latest releaseā€¦

I can understand that you may have a calibrated lens where you want to fix f, cx and cy and leave other parameters free to be adjusted by software...

But what would using photo invariant parameters do?
Best Regards,
Paul Pelletier,
Surveyor

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 11, 2018, 07:35:02 PM »
Hello Paul,

Defined photo-invariant parameters means that these parameters will be individual for each image in the calibration group, while defined fixed parameters means that the selected parameters will be fixed to initial values for all the images in the calibration group. Previously it was possible only to fix all the Initial parameters at once and now it is possible to fix only certain parameters.

If you do not fix the parameters and do not use photo-invariant options, then all the parameters will be adjusted during the alignment operation and the adjusted values will be the same for all the images in the calibration group.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 07:37:13 PM by Alexey Pasumansky »
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC