Forum

Author Topic: Agisoft Metashape 1.5.0 pre-release  (Read 149338 times)

ruyi7952

• View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Agisoft Metashape 1.5.0 pre-release
« Reply #165 on: December 15, 2018, 09:01:30 PM »
I also think there are some changes in the 7336 match.

The same photo 7336 and 1.44 compared, it is obvious that 7336 does not match.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 09:24:43 AM by ruyi7952 »
Real Scene Model Professional Contractor

Collect、Process、Publish

Mohammed

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 15, 2018, 09:27:14 PM »

The same photo 7336 and 7224 compared, it is obvious that 7336 does not match.

Yes i noticed that also.

RHenriques

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 15, 2018, 10:10:59 PM »
Hi ruyi7952. I did not notice that but it's possible, as you show. Can you confirm that the advanced parameters of the alignment are the same? The alignment is indeed very diferent in your case. Very strange.
I've tested with a more than 700 images set and the alignment was the same as the previous version. Of course, conditions can be different.
Can you share the dataset?

Mohammed

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 15, 2018, 11:32:39 PM »
Dear Agisoft,

So i made a comparison test between V1.1.6 (i always love this version in comparison) and metashape V1.5 last update to an 2000 years old artifice i used 160 image (the result in the snapshot 1) anyhow V1.1.6 Align all the photos in medium setting while in V1.5 i used the same setting and it only align 63 image (both projects are masked), So what's wrong? this the first bug.

The second bug the same project in V1.5 i changed the setting to high and it align all photos but i notice that the jar rim not align ( i saw it in dens point cloud) very well but in V1.1.6 it was aligned very well (see snapshot 2) Note the Build dens is different in both projects but the problems from Align itself the strange thing in V1.5 when i build the Mesh based on Depth map this bad Align not exist????
Hope it was a bug and fix it.

Best
Mohammed
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 11:37:10 PM by Mohammed »

Mohammed

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 18, 2018, 03:49:15 PM »
Dear Agisoft,

So i made a comparison test between V1.1.6 (i always love this version in comparison) and metashape V1.5 last update to an 2000 years old artifice i used 160 image (the result in the snapshot 1) anyhow V1.1.6 Align all the photos in medium setting while in V1.5 i used the same setting and it only align 63 image (both projects are masked), So what's wrong? this the first bug.

The second bug the same project in V1.5 i changed the setting to high and it align all photos but i notice that the jar rim not align ( i saw it in dens point cloud) very well but in V1.1.6 it was aligned very well (see snapshot 2) Note the Build dens is different in both projects but the problems from Align itself the strange thing in V1.5 when i build the Mesh based on Depth map this bad Align not exist????
Hope it was a bug and fix it.

Best
Mohammed

Hi Agisoft,
Any feedback about this comparison?
Best
Mohammed

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 18, 2018, 04:51:39 PM »

The same photo 7336 and 1.44 compared, it is obvious that 7336 does not match.

Hello ruyi7952,

Can you share the projects with the alignment results and source images to support@agisoft.com?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 18, 2018, 04:54:26 PM »

Hello Mohammed,

Is it possible for you to share the source image set for our internal tests?

Also have you tried to align the images without adaptive camera model fitting and not applying the masks to the tie points? In the version 1.1.6 these parameters were not available.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Mohammed

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 18, 2018, 04:59:42 PM »

Hello Mohammed,

Also have you tried to align the images without adaptive camera model fitting and not applying the masks to the tie points? In the version 1.1.6 these parameters were not available.

Thanks Alexey for your answer!

Yes i tried to disable the adaptive camera model fitting and changed the tie point mask to key point (in medium setting) and the same result.

How can i share the photos to yo, do you need the Images or project file?
Best
Mohammed

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 18, 2018, 05:05:19 PM »
Hello Mohammed,

We would need the source images to reproduce the similar difference in results in versions 1.1 and 1.5. If possible, please send the link via some filesharing service to support@agisoft.com.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Mohammed

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 18, 2018, 05:13:41 PM »
Hello Mohammed,

We would need the source images to reproduce the similar difference in results in versions 1.1 and 1.5. If possible, please send the link via some filesharing service to support@agisoft.com.

Okay i will do it tonight.
Thank you.

Mohammed

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 19, 2018, 12:39:48 AM »
Hello Mohammed,

Hi Alexey i send the images link to your mail. the images in Tif format with mask in Alpha channel.
please feed me back after test it.
Best,
Mohammed
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 12:42:53 AM by Mohammed »

Mohammed

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 19, 2018, 03:05:30 PM »

Hello Mohammed,

Dear Alexey,

Just another note In V1.5 (metashap) generate mesh based on Depth map couldn't build the mesh for the bottom part with alot of noise in the surface , could you also check this issue? (see snapshot based on depth map).

Best,

Mohammed
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 03:08:53 PM by Mohammed »

Mak11

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 19, 2018, 03:22:33 PM »
Mohammed

Are you sure that the bounding box isn't clipping through the model (sounds stupid but I have made the mistake several times and had to reprosse the models/dense clouds because I incorrectly resized the bounding box).

If not, can you check the depth maps to see if they were correctly generated for this part of the model? MetaShape seems to be picky with photos with high noise level compared to 1.4. Lowering the quality (from ultra to high or even medium can improve things)

Mak
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 03:50:33 PM by Mak11 »

Mohammed

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 19, 2018, 03:29:43 PM »
Mohammed

Are you sure that the bounding isn't clipping through the model (sounds stupid but I have made the mistake several times and had to reprosse the models/dense clouds because I incorrectly resized the bounding box).

If not, can you check the depth maps to see if they were correctly generated for this part of the model? MetaShape seems to be picky with photos with high noise level compared to 1.4. Lowering the quality (from ultra to high or even medium can improve things)

Mak

Dear mak,

Thank you! You are right i forget to correct the boundary box, I process it again in High (after fix the boundary box)  and will see the result.

Dear Alexey iam sorry to confuse you, in Depth map issue, i'll process it again and will post it the result again.

Best
Mohammed
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 03:45:19 PM by Mohammed »

Mohammed

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 19, 2018, 04:12:04 PM »
Mohammed

Are you sure that the bounding box isn't clipping through the model (sounds stupid but I have made the mistake several times and had to reprosse the models/dense clouds because I incorrectly resized the bounding box).

Mak

I attached the result with Depth map mesh in High setting the bottom part generated but with extra polygons (might because of low images for this part)  but there's many noise in the surface, anyhow the result not so bad for me.

Still the comparison i did between V1.1.6 and V1.5, i send the images and wait for the answer.

Best
Mohammed
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 04:16:05 PM by Mohammed »