Forum

Author Topic: Troubleshooting: White Spot in Texture not present in point cloud colors.  (Read 2056 times)

nanythemummy

• View Profile
Dear all,
I'm having this issue where I have a blurry white spot when I generate the texture. This white spot is not present in the point-cloud colors, and the geometry at this point doesn't seem particularly erroneous.  I've looked at the original photos, and while they aren't the best, that shade of white doesn't really appear in them, and they are in focus.
The colors in the dense cloud are accurate. There is a rough spot on the original item in this place.
Retaking the photos is not the ideal option, but if this is the only way to fix the problem, I could do it.
Any help troubleshooting this would be welcome. I've rebuilt the model, I've used gradual select to week out points that have over a certain amount of error.
Sincerely,
Nany

Dave Martin

• View Profile
Dear all,
I'm having this issue where I have a blurry white spot when I generate the texture. This white spot is not present in the point-cloud colors, and the geometry at this point doesn't seem particularly erroneous.  I've looked at the original photos, and while they aren't the best, that shade of white doesn't really appear in them, and they are in focus.
The colors in the dense cloud are accurate. There is a rough spot on the original item in this place.
Retaking the photos is not the ideal option, but if this is the only way to fix the problem, I could do it.
Any help troubleshooting this would be welcome. I've rebuilt the model, I've used gradual select to week out points that have over a certain amount of error.
Sincerely,
Nany

Nany,

By "blurry white spot" do you mean the thing I've put a red ring round here? - if so, that's the navigation that you can click on to rotate your model, its not part of the mesh, model etc.

Dave

nanythemummy

• View Profile
Dear all,
Sincerely,
Nany

Nany,

By "blurry white spot" do you mean the thing I've put a red ring round here? - if so, that's the navigation that you can click on to rotate your model, its not part of the mesh, model etc.

Dave

Dave,
It’s the long white horizontal  streak on the bottom-most pic. Note that it doesn’t show up on the dense point cloud with colored points. The purple, untextured model is an image I included to illustrate that there isn’t a hole in the model or a
Particularly bumpy area there.

Mak11

• View Profile
Did you double check all of the photos to see if there isn't an outliner which is out of focus or or maybe one which isn't correctly aligned at all (could be one from the other side but aligned on the wrong side give that your subject is relatively symmetric). If it's the case just disable it before the texture creation process.

But it may be something totally different or a bug. Photoscan's texturing hasn't been the best for me lately.. Lot's of masking to do before texturing to be able to have a perfectly sharp texture because the program is giving to much "importance" to slightly out of focus parts of some pictures which results in a final output contained blurry spots all a or the place..

Cheers

Mak

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Hello Nany,

I think that this stripe may be related either to misaligned image or to some overexposed image related to the area. You can try to filter the photos by the point in the problematic area and review the list of filtered images in order to check, if there is any problem in the source dataset.

If you are using Professional edition you can draw a 3D shape in the problematic area to have better convenience in identification of the area on the images (you'll see the drawn shape when the images are opened in Photo view mode).
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

nanythemummy

• View Profile
Hello Nany,

I think that this stripe may be related either to misaligned image or to some overexposed image related to the area. You can try to filter the photos by the point in the problematic area and review the list of filtered images in order to check, if there is any problem in the source dataset.

If you are using Professional edition you can draw a 3D shape in the problematic area to have better convenience in identification of the area on the images (you'll see the drawn shape when the images are opened in Photo view mode).

Dear all,
Thank you for helping me to solve this problem, especially Mak and Alexey. This model is of an Egyptian coffin, and we could not flip the coffin over to take a pictures of its backside because of the fragility of the front-side. So, we seperated the basin from the lid, and flipped the basin over to take pictures of it. The basin was lying on white tissue paper. Then I built the model in several chunks and merged them together. The white streaks were the white tissue paper that occurred on half of the photos. Rebuilding the texture after disabling the photos where the basin is lying without the lid on white tissue paper fixed the problem.
Thanks again,
Nany

Mak11

• View Profile
Nice. Glad that it worked.

Mak